Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Everyone is welcome to post info on dating and identifying knifes. Charts , pictures anything you have to help members to find out more info on their knifes

Tags: and, date, identify, knife, your

Views: 24625

Replies to This Discussion

Puma Info

Posted by Don "Cossack Gearhead" Godard on December 9, 2012

Comment by Ron Cooper on January 26, 2014 at 15:03

Bob! It sure is good to see your typeface, my friend! And, my! What a splendid looking vintage Case XX knife you have found. From your pictures it would appear that the blades are full, or nearly so. And those beautiful yellow (I love yellow!) scales do not show any significant shrinkage or cracks. At least not on the side that's showing. 

If you plan to carry and use it, then I can see no reason not to buff it up a bit. By all means! I would attempt to restore this beautiful old knife to its original shine and lustre, as much as possible. 

You have a real gem there, Bob! It's good to see your new knife and great to see you, my friend! Happy New Year, mate!

Comment by peter force on September 16, 2013 at 8:23

and since we have been talking about tl-29 knives. a very simple wayto start dating ww1 versions VS ww2 is on the screwdriver blde WW1 knives the little notch cut out is on the underbelly of the blade a little more towards the front while your later models ww2 and through post vietnam  and so forth all had the larger notches on the top of the blade.-FUN FACT- ho[e ot helps someone.. and remember blades can always be swapped out!

Comment by peter force on September 16, 2013 at 8:14

PRESS BUTTON KNIFE CO. actually made alot more knives then thougt of. so if that was carvd or engraved i woud be shocked..but its beauty look as if it is and thats what sets knives like this apart. it apart.. its a great knife brad.. i love button knives when i am n the mood and the tome anbd price strikes me..... really a nice blade!..FULL ACTION?...im working on my first presto purchase now brad!.. a sorta every few weeks i am paying it off... they are costly...IMO...

Comment by Sonya Paterson on July 31, 2013 at 16:56

Hi Brad T. Nice Siver knife. Do you think it was hand engraved or done with a mold?

Comment by Ken Spielvogel on July 2, 2013 at 13:16

Cattaraugus Dating: There is so little about dating Cattaraugus Knives. Anybody have any info tucked away to help us date those great knives?

Comment by Ron Cooper on June 17, 2013 at 22:46

I agree with Steve! Highly collectible and, being as it's sterling silver, I'm sure it's already quite valuable. It's a double automatic, yes? How well does it function? Some of those older autos didn't have a safety feature and were prone to popping open in your pocket if you just  happened to lean on it wrong. Does this one have any advertising on the other side? It's definitely cool. I think you should send it to me for safe keeping...uh huh uh huh!

Comment by Michelle "Fingers" DellaPelle on June 17, 2013 at 22:09

beauty handle........ veery classic

Comment by Lee Smith on June 17, 2013 at 21:31

I'm thinking that's art Brad.

Comment by Steve Hanner on June 17, 2013 at 20:57

Well done Brad and a highly collectable knife!

Comment by Brad T. on June 17, 2013 at 16:47

1893-1923. 

Comment by Brad T. on June 17, 2013 at 15:08

Here is the current challenge, Age and approximate value of this 7" oal Sterling silver knife.

PRESS BUTTON KNIFE CO. (over)

WALDEN, N.Y. (on Front of tang)

U.S. PAT 470605 (on Back of tang)

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit