Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Everyone is welcome to post info on dating and identifying knifes. Charts , pictures anything you have to help members to find out more info on their knifes

Tags: and, date, identify, knife, your

Views: 24748

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Don "Cossack Gearhead" Godard on December 17, 2012 at 18:22

Ok maybe it was a little confusing although I was hoping for a call from a nice blonde with big er never mind anyways change the neame to something a little better

Comment by Craig Henry on December 17, 2012 at 0:59

That would be great Wayne!

Yeah, me too! When I got an email saying ""Knife Dating", I thought "WHAT IN THE WORLD?" LOL!

Comment by Wayne Whitted on December 16, 2012 at 23:31

OMG, I thought this group was for single guys looking for dates. LOL! I passed on this one until I read a post or two. I can add some images for dating certain Victorinox or Wenger Swiss Army knives when I can find them. Of course the "Swiss Army "Soldier" knives have a 2 digit date code on the rear tang of the main blade.

Comment by Craig Henry on December 15, 2012 at 16:57

We need something there in the discussion area for Union Cutlery Co./Ka-Bar

Comment by Don "Cossack Gearhead" Godard on December 14, 2012 at 18:14

I have several K-Bars does anyone have any info on dating K-Bars Thanks Don

Comment by Craig Henry on December 13, 2012 at 0:46

Very interesting Andy!

Comment by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on December 12, 2012 at 22:57

These were individually made for purchasers. My name is ebgraved on the blade. There have never been tang stamps, as these are individually hammer & tong hand forged, Several people have written books to fill the knowledge gap, but I am unconvinced. That's why I had custon non-standard features and my name. In all but the first case I waited 3-4 years from time of payment until receipt. Good knives. Undatable except by a herd of old smiths and the full power of the FBI and the Smithsonian. Don't let some author kid you.

Comment by Craig Henry on December 12, 2012 at 16:38

I wonder if there's a Randall collector out there that documented tang stamps before the fire? 

Comment by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on December 11, 2012 at 23:58

I had many Randall knives made to order starting from 1965 when I went to their shop in Florida and watched Bo Randall start the work on my #14. That knife went with me on my first deployment. In 2007 I wrote to them to check some records, and was told there had been a fire in the shop and all records earlier than (I don't remember, but recently) had been lost. So we can all basically kiss the sky on dating Randall knives. It is completely stupid to make something without a clear statement of maker and year of manufacture. I'll never buy another blade lacking that imprint. Never.

Comment by Craig Henry on December 10, 2012 at 16:40

I like seeing the tang stamps organized neatly with dates. In fact I'm downloading these for quick reference on the computer! Very useful.

Comment by Don "Cossack Gearhead" Godard on December 10, 2012 at 15:09

Thanks to all who have sent in info. We are building a great reference page for everyone to use. Keep the info comming

very interesting... I learn something about tang Stamps...

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service