Nearly white deer

Buzzard

Fox

South end of a bobcat

Leave this fellow alone!

Views: 441

Replies to This Discussion

That is one Smart Rabbit.

Here are some critters whose pictures I snapped over the weekend...

A Mourning Dove who came down for a cool drink of water at my town's Weeping Wall, which is a tribute to our local Veterans...

The Weeping Wall is actually a beautiful fountain with water flowing over its black granite stones. It serves as not only a tribute to us Veterans, but also as a watering hole for a host of fur n' feathered critters. I recently discovered the bees get thirsty, too! And they, too, are frequent visitors to the Weeping Wall Memorial.

Here are some pics I took of our friends that buzz and produce the sweet confection we call "Honey"...

At the base of the fountain the bees congregate to draw moisture from the moss and wet their whistles...

The picture above gives you a better perspective of the Wall. And, if you look a little closer, you can see last year's iKC Club Knife, The Geppetto Whittler, resting upon the base of the closest plaque.

Well, that's it! Not exactly what you'd call Big Game, but critters nonetheless.

Cheers for now!

Ron, Love that Dove and what a message.

Last night - see the Rabbit

Real nice guys. Ken is that apples? Great memorial.

Yes, they are apples, the deer love them.

Great memorial pic Ron! I enjoyed see that. Yes apples are a big hit with deer (we fence our yard so we get to eat a few)

Trail cam picked this little guy up. Behind our house and across the creek. Wonder if he's the guy who got a chicken?

Chicken eating coon

Apple stealin rabbits

Birds and Bees hanging out at a wonderful memorial

Ya'll put my squirrels and possums to shame, but thats OK ...my only other choice is a gator and I just dont want one in the yard  LOL

What do you think this is?

It is hard to say for sure.  It appears to be solid black.  With the detail available and comparing its size to the salt block, my best guess would be a large cat.  It doesn't look to me like a coyote, but I suppose it could be.  Maybe a young one.  I don't believe it is a fox.  If it wasn't black and its tail was bushier, I would say it was a fox. Definitely not a coon, possum, or bobcat.  Any other critters that roam your area that it might be?

You about named them all, it seems to me to have fox features - could it be a black fox? I had thought a big cat, but just doesn't seem to look like one. I don't think a coyote, we have them, but not sure. This is puzzling.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
12 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
12 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
14 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
14 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
14 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Saturday
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Apr 12
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John