Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I found this growing in my yard yesterday while mowing my grass.  It is about 6 inches tall and the head is about 2 inches wide.  I don't know if this is anything other than a common mushroom, but I don't recall ever seeing one exactly like it before.  My mower threw the bits of grass on it before I saw it.

I was wondering if I should buy a mushroom knife while I am at SMKW next week.  Maybe this one?

http://www.smkw.com/webapp/eCommerce/products/Rough+Rider/Rough+Rid...

Views: 512

Replies to This Discussion

Robert, I think anyone with a boat needs at least 2. One for the boat and one to carry. Be interesting to see what kind of egg you saw. Just hope the owner doesn't start watching that clutch a little closer when you go back in case it's bigger than a breadbox, which most gators are.

Don't worry Andy.  I have no intention of eating that or any other mushroom!  I do not like them.  And besides I can't identify which are poisonous or not.  With my luck if I did try to gather and eat them, the very first one I ate would be deadly poison!

Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" said:

yo, bubba! we all need a mushroom knife!

the black box in your photo looks like a tombstone, which is what you get if the mushroom is a poisonous variety — at the least, sauté it in a good butter!

Don't worry folks.  I will protect  the nation from this malicious mushroom invasion.  I WILL buy a mushroom knife!

Those knives do have an interesting look, looks like their should be one in every tacklebox~

We now have alligators here in North Alabama.  There was a story in a local paper today about a six foot alligator that game wardens captured at a town on the Tennessee River.  All they did was move it to another part of the river away from any town.  Because as the paper stated, they couldn't just kill it.

A friend of mine was canoeing on Wheeler Lake on the Tennessee River and got pictures of one that appeared to be about 12 feet long.  The Tennessee River is lake for most of its length because of all the TVA dams on it.  

Robert Burris said:

A Mushroom knife, great, I don't have one. I see a big need for one developing. Here in South Louisiana, the only mushrooms that are safe to eat are what we call "Oyster Mushrooms". They grow out of the side of dead trees and are very active after a rain. They look and taste like Oysters, their off white in color. The other day while fishing, I took a break and got out of my boat and went in the woods mushroom hunting. I found a few and while I was at it I took a picture of some, I'll try post that picture and a picture of either a Alligator or Snapping Turtle Egg. I didn't stick around to find out. Mushroom Knife, of course, and a Mushroom knife to cut it up to eat also. So, that should be at least two knives. What do Ya'll, think?

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service