Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This unofficial survey is to determine who has purchased knives on eBay and a brief description of your experience. Would you do it again if you were a first timer? For those iKC members not based here in US what has your experience been using eBay? We are not looking at the seller experience just yet, only buyer. two main questions but fill in other information as needed.

1. Have you used eBay for buying knives?
  2. How often do you buy on eBay?
Results of the poll are being tabulated and we'll post them shortly Thank you for your responses!

Tags: buy, eBay, survey

Views: 653

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Congratulations Ivars! Let us know how it goes. If it goes well with the seller save his name make him a favorite.

Ivars Duntavs said:
Now I can answer on bouth Your questions Hog! :)
1. Yes!
2. Yesterday, first time, first knife from ebay! New experiment for me :D :D :D
Yes. Only as often as I find something  worth investing. Oddly enough, I have gotten some outstanding pieces at  less then real value. Helped build up my collection.
Thank you Joel, I agree occasionally you can get a value!

joel d gottfried said:
Yes. Only as often as I find something  worth investing. Oddly enough, I have gotten some outstanding pieces at  less then real value. Helped build up my collection.
Thank you George and good to hear from you my friend. Thanks for mentioning those fees, something I think we will look at more because I can say I've heard from many eBayers who are seeing that they are getting out..too many fees and no way to make any money.

George Bartley said:
Yes I do on occasion, just depends on what I am looking for.  Never been burned there, but I check out seller feedback first.  I have sold knives there since 2004 or before. In the beginning it was very reasonable, but it just keeps getting more and more expensive to sell, list fee, final value fee, paypal fee.  ebay has their hand out 3 times during the process.  Just an example, $0.50 list fee, $9.30 final value fee, and $3.49 paypal fee on a knife that sold for $105.00......  This will probably be the last year I do it..
I have bought several knives on Ebay in the past but not much anymore. Between all of the fakes, scammers, Ebay fees and their position of banning things like mammoth ivory, I don't bother even looking much anymore.

1) yes

2) 80% of my knives are bought on ebay, from highly rated sellers. Living in Europe, if I'd buy them locally I'd otherwise pay two to three times the ebay amount. 

Yes, I buy and sell On E-bay,often. I check out the sellers feedback scores and ask many questions before I buy.

I also when I sell an item when a bid comes thru I check that persoms information and if needed I can email them or call them. I do have the option when selling an item to block certain bidders that have made trouble for other sellers in the past. I wouls say that E-bay is like any other purchase,BEWARE,BEFORE you buy and you can get some excellent deals and possibly find a true treasure.

Attachments:
Hi Yes 4 or 5 knives thanks  Tom

Yes

I shop every day, and buy

Way too often!!!

I allways look at Ebay before anywhere else to get a feel for the market..

I sell every once in a while.

Thank you Mike, that is an interesting perspective. I did know about the ban and it has caused many to leave.

Mike Carter said:
I have bought several knives on Ebay in the past but not much anymore. Between all of the fakes, scammers, Ebay fees and their position of banning things like mammoth ivory, I don't bother even looking much anymore.
Thank you Mr Dagon, good to hear from you, sounds like a good experience for you.

Mr Dagon said:

1) yes

2) 80% of my knives are bought on ebay, from highly rated sellers. Living in Europe, if I'd buy them locally I'd otherwise pay two to three times the ebay amount. 

Thank you Mike...good advice "Buyer Beware!"

Mike Fox said:

Yes, I buy and sell On E-bay,often. I check out the sellers feedback scores and ask many questions before I buy.

I also when I sell an item when a bid comes thru I check that persoms information and if needed I can email them or call them. I do have the option when selling an item to block certain bidders that have made trouble for other sellers in the past. I wouls say that E-bay is like any other purchase,BEWARE,BEFORE you buy and you can get some excellent deals and possibly find a true treasure.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service