Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Howdy IKC,

I was just wondering if you carry a knife or any other weapon when you are sleeping? I know we have our EDC (knives, mace, guns, ect) but at the end of the day I put all my "stuff" up. So my question is do you carry a weapon when you sleep just in case you need to get up quickly and leave with out having the time to grab your EDCs.

Thanks for you input.

Tags: EDC, guns, knives, mace

Views: 573

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John,

It is hard for some of us to imagine not having the option to choose what is on the night stand.  Other than fire power one of the things I noticed was the tactical light.  This is a great idea!!  Having something super bright to distract and blind for a moment is a good option, especially if your not going to be using fire power to eliminate the threat

Jan Carter said:

John,

It is hard for some of us to imagine not having the option to choose what is on the night stand.  Other than fire power one of the things I noticed was the tactical light.  This is a great idea!!  Having something super bright to distract and blind for a moment is a good option, especially if your not going to be using fire power to eliminate the threat

I guess it must be hard to understand our strange mindset as far as firearms are concerned Jan . Even when I had a firearms certificate , back in the 70's , it said on the application form that self defence was not an adequate reason for seeking a firearm certificate . Work that one out if you can .

Knives are going the same way here it's only old fellows like me and criminals who carry a knife these day's , in fact most people here would probably think I was a criminal for "carrying a knife " even the sort of small slip joints that I have which are still legal . Legal as long as they are not used as a weapon or used as a threat .

Were I live (Holland, Europe) guns are illegal. So I have a cold steel Galdius (machete version) and a cold steel kobun near me. But I mostly rely mostly on my South Russian Ovcharka; a Russian dogbreed that is born to guard. On the guardoglist they are on nr 5 (the rotweiler and te German sheppard are between nr 30 and 40 on that list!).

Well because you asked. Under my pillow are a glock 19 loaded with federal +p+ 124 grain bullets rated at 525 foot lbs of muzzle energy and my seahorse whittler. Now you all can think im nuts!

I would say you are pretty well protected

Joop said:

Were I live (Holland, Europe) guns are illegal. So I have a cold steel Galdius (machete version) and a cold steel kobun near me. But I mostly rely mostly on my South Russian Ovcharka; a Russian dogbreed that is born to guard. On the guardoglist they are on nr 5 (the rotweiler and te German sheppard are between nr 30 and 40 on that list!).

John,

This reminds me of a discussion you and I had not too long ago A campaign called no knives, better lives

I actually shared your insight about people having package rage many times at the Blade Show, where of course we talked a lot about knife laws around the world.  I applaud that the folks under these laws have found ways to still have their tool handy when needed but I am also appalled that it is necessary for folks living in a free nation to have to take such measures.  I see somewhere in the human timeline where construction workers may have to register their hammers and saws because someone, somewhere views the ownership of them as a threat!

we wont tell the burglers that my Shepherd is only. 30 or 40 on the list, whatever that means. Just the sight of a violently barking German Shepherd is enough to turn most people around. My first Sheherd who weighed in at 105lbs very seldom barked but just sitting by the garage was enough to keepthe fed ex man in his truck till brought him in. The image people have might put him up the list a bit, plus he's fun to play with. 

Jan, your tactical light suggestion sounds like a great idea. 

if i have a knife on me clipped ti my shorts or pjs its the Emerson Kershaw cqc-6as i can access the knife easy and it doesn't weigh me down. love the wave feature on it.

Nope .. I sleep w/ my wife .. not a knife.

As most have noted .. plenty of protection available.

Four dogs, the usual firearms, nightstand sagging under knives, ...

However, no knife floating between the sheets.

D ale i think you are the smartest of the bunch here!

D ale said:

Nope .. I sleep w/ my wife .. not a knife.

As most have noted .. plenty of protection available.

Four dogs, the usual firearms, nightstand sagging under knives, ...

However, no knife floating between the sheets.

OK, Dale wins

I keep this Western W49 in my nightstand. I picked it up for $5 at a yard sale..no sheath...and used my Lansky to sharpen the false edge.  As for a gun..always...shooting a thief is on my bucket list.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
4 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
4 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
6 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
7 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
7 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Saturday
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Apr 12
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John