Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

EDC; EveryDay Carry

OCD;  Obsessive-compulsive disorder is an anxiety disorder in which people have unwanted and repeated thoughts, feelings, ideas, sensations (obsessions), or behaviors that make them feel driven to do something (compulsions). 

Do you have EDC-OCD?

1. Do you buy a knife for an EDC, and like it well enough, that you feel driven to get a "backup"?

2. Do you buy a kmife for an EDC and then have to get one "for the collection"- or visa versa?

I have EDC/OCD. Which is tough for me when I buy more expensive knives. Is there a doctor in the house?

Tags: EDC, collecting, knives, using

Views: 1050

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Funny, I don't see a problem. Lol
I consider myself normal, and I have the same views that you do. So you must be normal too. Lol

No Steven, I hate to break it to you, but all of us here are nuts!

Being nuts is a state of mind. And I don't mind. Lol

I'm always in a knife state of mind!

Well I think I have my edc dilemma figured out. I got the case back pocket chestnut deep canyon bone that I'll carry in a sheath for the big jobs. I think I get a matching swayback jack to put in my pocket for the little jobs. I think I'll go take a look after work tomorrow.

My EDC/OCD is bad. Usually when I get a knife I want to carry, I have to then get one "for the collection". BUT, it doesn't stop there, especially if it's affordable, I have to have another as a "backup"! But hey, what else am I going to do with my money, bet on the horses? Buy new underwear?

Okay, here I go again. I get my new Case Sod Buster. I REALLY want to EDC it with my Case 6333 Stockman.  Yeah, it's just a plain jane black Sod Buster. But now I feel like I should get one for the knife cabinet......to keep pristine. For the collection.  I have EDC-OCD bad.

Let me get this straight,  3 knives?  And I thought I was the only one...

Craig Henry said:

My EDC/OCD is bad. Usually when I get a knife I want to carry, I have to then get one "for the collection". BUT, it doesn't stop there, especially if it's affordable, I have to have another as a "backup"! But hey, what else am I going to do with my money, bet on the horses? Buy new underwear?

I'm not alone? YAY! LOL!

I still have it bad. I spend a third of my time thinking about extras and backups to get. 

Any of you new members have the EDC/OCD problem?

Well right now, have my new knife on, am waiting for a vintage knife which was mailed today and I have my eye on 8 more that I might pull the trigger on...Do I have a problem?

I have always said, it's your hobby and if the amount of money you spend on it doesn't effect your family or bills. Get, what the heck you want...Ha,Ha. It's true that some have more money to spend on this hobby but the lower budget collectors can still buy fine knives and enjoy the hobby, also. Just my 2 cents worth.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service