Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hello everybody. Do any of you know or own any knives from the maker EKA ? Just the other day I bought a little pocket knife at a flea market. I bought it because it looked interesting. At home I removed some of the rust and dirt to find something stamped into one of the blades.. EKA Sweden and stainless on the other side. I looked into my copy of Blades Guide to Knives & Their Values and came up with the following information: E.K.A. see Eskilstuna Knivfabriks Aktiebolag. So I turned a page and found that the company made knives in the town of Eskilstuna Sweden from 1920-1970, With a tang stamp of an E on a crown anchor. With the EKA stamp from 1917-1925 From 1946 till the present they are supposed to be making knives.  Anyone own one, and what do you think of the EKA knives?? I will post a picture in a short while.

Views: 3015

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I own a few blades by them.

Basic Swedish made knives of good quality for a good price.

Their website is:

http://www.eka-knivar.se/

EKA has also come out with the EKA Nordic W-8 and W-11. Both are fixed blade knives with the W-11 being the largest with a 5" blade. Check out the video produced by Stefan Schmalhaus on YouTube. The only thing is that they now seem to be producing a slightly different leather sheath than the one shown in Stephen's video. At least it is different from the one I purchased from KnifeSupply.com  In my opinion, the knife is great although I did not care as much for the appearance of the new sheath provided, but my main objection was the knife was not as tightly secured in the sheath as in the style shown in Stefan's video.

Upon returning the unused knife to exchange for one with a tighter and more secure fit, my money was simply returned and I was told they did not have anymore in stock. So be aware that although it is a great knife, the new sheath has changed and mine did not fit as tightly as the older one.

I checked out their website and am impressed by the history of the company, even found the model type I bought a few days ago.   

This is the Eka knife I have. take a look..

I recieved the following email from EKA re: the W-11 for those may be interested?

Attachments:

The knife seems to have been manufactured as a corporate gift or something for the Finnish trading company Thomesto. I don't think there are any other connections between the two companies, so my guess is that EKA made some knifes with the Thomesto logo for this company.

Hello Linda, you are probably right, EKA makes knives with logos for other companies as presents for their clients or co-workers.Therefore the connection between EKA and Thomesto is strictly a coincidence. Do you have any EKA knives?  

Linda Thompson said:

The knife seems to have been manufactured as a corporate gift or something for the Finnish trading company Thomesto. I don't think there are any other connections between the two companies, so my guess is that EKA made some knifes with the Thomesto logo for this company.

Unfortunatly, no, I don't own any EKA knives. Which is almost a bit embarrasing, because I live about 31 miles from Eskilstuna. It's less than an hour by car. Hopfully I'll get one soon, though. I told my husband I want a Swede 88 for my birthday. A Swede 10 would also be fine!

If I ever feel like taking on a new collection brand. This is probably the one. I see them often online and think. Wow!! Cleaned up, they command a high price. Sometimes, there are bargains to be had. I've not yet seen a knock-off. I would probably find one after I bought it. lol

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service