Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

There are a lot of different blade steels out there today. Some blade steels are better suited for certain tasks and others are all around great performers, What is your favorite blade steel? What is the steel that you have for EDC blades? What are the characteristics that you look for most is a blade steel?

Tags: Blade, knife, steel

Views: 4108

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Eric Mohler said:

I noticed that all my osprey are stamped seki but most osprey pocket knives that I see elsewhere

are not.

The SEKI stamping is probably for Seki, Japan .. a geographical location .. not steel type. Which .. imo .. indicates yours were produced in SEKI, Japan. The others were manufactured .. we know not where.

Eric Mohler said: 

Is it common for a knife maker to use different steel from different places to make the           

same type of knife?

It is common for manufacturers to use material that is readily available. Therefore, should a "brand" have manufacturing facilities in multiple countries, a difference in materials may result.

Should a brand simply "farm out" the manufacturing process to multiple suppliers .. they generally issue specifications ..to include: material, hardness, finish, etc. There still exists a lack of control.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service