Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I'm not sure if there is a discussion already or not but show 'em if you got 'em.  Let's see you fishing knives, as in the tools of the tackle box! (Folding, fixed, multi-tools, etc.)

Here's a few of my latest finds. What made them interesting is the bale.

Above knife is made by Sabre (Japan)  It features yellow comp handles and is just over 5 inches closed.  Below is another Japanese made knife. It features the infamous "cracked Ice" plastic pearl handles.  I couldn't pass it up for $9  simply because of the scissors and the bale. It is 4 inches closed.

Both knives in a side by side comparison

Tags: Fish, Knives

Views: 5030

Replies to This Discussion

Nice one Tobias! 

That is a very well thought out fish knife!  I see what you mean about matching the scales.  I think in this case they would use the ones that took the dye best as front scales and all else for the back

When I bought the Bill Lowen Toothpick I was at SMKW.   I went through about six of seven of them before I got one that had scales that looked good to me.  Strangely, I bought the Mini-Trapper and Standard Fish knife via the SMKW website and both turned out great!

My Rough Rider Fish Knife (1401)   The scaling blade is suppose to be magnetic.  I suppose it has a small amount of magnetic abilities.  Mine, at least, isn't very magnetic.   Unfortunately they've only released in it Red Jigged Bone so far.   I'm  hoping for  more scale options and different shields.  So many opportunities!

This is my Rough Rider fish knife RR1401.  Mine appears to have no magnetism in its scaler blade.  I tried to pick up a very small steel washer with it.  I could detect no magnetic effect at all.

My latest fish knife.  A Shapleigh Hardware Co. fish knife.

Charles, that's a great one.  I love that "boney" fish shield.   Very cool!

Thanks Tobias.

No doubt, fly fishing knives are an breed apart from the typical folding fish knife.  One of my favorites is the Marbles Flyfisherman.  Other companies also make the same knife  in the mast but only the Marbles is readily available at a very low price. It comes in handy in the tackle box. It is small. light weight and slim and nice a nice look to it.

Tools include a stainless steel pick, scissors, small clip blade, and file/fish degorger.

It has a three inch ruler on the reverse side.

As I said, the pattern has been around for a long time. I know Case and Kabar both offered a similar knife and I'm sure others did as well.  The older ones in good shape will cost five to ten times more that the under $10 you'll pay for the modern Marbles one.  And yes the older ones are probably worth the price you'll pay for them.  However,   this Made in China Marbles is well worth its current price.

That is a neat knife Tobias.

I like the smaller one myself. its kind of odd to see it has sissors. nice find!

its a great find. I have never seen one. thanks for sharing.

Tobias Gibson said:

another off the beaten path fish-knife, this time one of those floating cork knives.  This one is made by Lunawerks in Solingen, Germany and features a Gaff hook.  It needs some repair but it'll do for decorations!  What i can tell you is it might float but it isn't the easiest thing to grip and use.  I'm stunned by its looks because it really does seem to have some stories about it!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service