Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This is a discussion to talk about and show pictures of fish knives.  I will start it off with one of mine.

I will start off with the least first since it was my first one.  I bought it three or four years ago at SMKW simply because it caught my eye and was cheap.  I do not know who made it, the only markings on it is Pakistan.  But it seems to be a pretty decent knife considering the very low price I paid for it.  The liners are brass and the handles are pinned on.  The blades have very good snap and a half open stop.

Views: 976

Replies to This Discussion

BTW Robert, we now have ten entries in the knife contest and have added 14 members to the Arsenal group.

This was my fifth fish knife.  It is an Imperial Diamond Edge 856DE.  The tang stamp was used from 1956 to 1988.  The main blade was etched with a crown inside a diamond followed by Diamond Edge 856DE.  But the etch is now barely readable.

This was my sixth and best so far fish knife.  It was 1 of 70 made by Queen Cutlery Co. in 2005 for the Chattahoochee Cutlery Club.

Very nice, is the handle bone or stag? It's very pretty, what ever it is.

I'm not sure but it looks like bone to me.

Robert Burris said:

I just found out some more information about the Queen fish knife.  The handles are bone.  But not just any bone.  I sent David Clark, the Queen historian an email asking about the knife.  Here is his reply.

"The handles are bone - Winterbottom bone from the Winterbottom Bone factory of Egg Harbor, NJ. The bone was from c1958 and had been in storage but was found and used on several pattern in the 2005 time frame. Attached is a photo of four knives from the c1958 era with the same bone."

Robert Burris said:

Wow that is incredible news Charles! That makes that knife very, very valuable!

Wow, that's special. I think, I read something about that a while back. Thanks for the info. I promise to put a picture of my one an only, Fish knife. It's a Daddy Barlow pattern, instead of a Toothpick pattern.

This was my seventh fish knife.  It is a Providence Cutlery and would be near mint except for two small spots on one bolster and the main blade.

My next fish knife was purchased new from SMKW.  It is a Rough Rider with red jigged bone scales.

This was my ninth fish knife and first Colonial.  

When I first got it, I didn't think that was the original sheath with the knife.  Now I think that it is the original sheath that came with that knife.  I did some research on the internet .  That LM logo was the logo for Line Materials Industries.  They made electrical equipment including street lights.  Never had any thing to do with manufacturing knives.  In 1957 they were a division of McGraw-Edison.  In 1967 they were consolidated under the McGraw-Edison name.  After 1967 there was no Line Materials Industries.  So this sheath was no later than 1967 which then dates the knife no later than 1967.  I am thinking the R. A. is probably someone's initials.  Since the sheath fits the knife perfectly like it was made for it, I wonder if the company might have presented this knife and sheath to employees or maybe just one employee?  While I was with TVA, I received a Schrade scrimshawed two knife set as a tenth anniversary service award and a single knife that was presented to every member of my work group as a safety award.  So that type of thing did happen.

Nice knife Charles, I like that case with it.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service