Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

OK here she is my little mini forge the gauge hooks to a air compressor and ha a regulator for the speed and volume of air. It hooks to a stainless steel line !/4 with 3 holes drilled along the length, it will go from a trickle to a blast. My question is, What is the best to burn in her for a longer slower hot burn? thought about charcoal brickets but with the air they may burn out in a very short time. Thanks

Views: 144

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

here are the pictures

Attachments:

If I were to build a forge,It would be made from high temp fire brick,but that is my preference. As far as fuel,coke is the bottest and most lasting,but coal will work fine.Some types of coal will burn longer and hotter than others.West Va. Lump is good,but Pocahontas Egg is also fine.Stoker coal is not long lasting and is a poor choice.Keep in mind that the more robust the air supply,the hotter the burn,but also the shorter the burn time.I would opt for just enough air to burn hot enough to hold the bright red color in the steel. I hope that helps you. Ken      p.s. good job on forge

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service