Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

We are all Case Fans for a reason, now is your opportunity to tell why? Do you have a favorite knife? If so, what is it and why?

Tags: case, fan, favorite, knife, r, w

Views: 5757

Replies to This Discussion

I was the guy behind the camera. For some reason I have lots of pictures, but very few of me.
great looking horses that y'all have their,better build a corral to put them in.my get lose and head this way..
How about a favorite Case mint set? I just picked this up about two weeks ago. I was so excited to actually find one still avaiable at Coffman's Hardware store in Northern Michigan. The Manager gave me a heck of a discount on it. As the matter of fact, he's on the front cover of the 2009 Case product catalog (bottom left). My wife is actually letting me hang this one up in our bedroom.
Attachments:
J.J. has ruined me by suggesting that I get a Seahorse Whittler..I now have 12 of the buggers, and every time I look, I see another one that I don't have. If my wife sends me to the doghouse, I'm blaming J.J. I think that he should buy me one with damascus blades.
frankp
Hey Frank,
I get blamed for that a lot. (I'd keep the damascus out of the dog house though.)
She'll be all right with a new pair of earrings. ;-)
Awwww, don't be coy, Max. What is it? BTW, I just ordered a Damascus Seahorse Whittler. Now, J.J. is off the hook.
frank
I love my Case-xx 400-8 chef's knife, which I bought in a hardware store more than 20 years ago. As a serious cook, this is the best knife in my kitchen collection, by far. And they don't make it any more! Anyone have a spare they can bear to part with? I saw a photo of the 400-8 from Trent Rock on Flickr.
Case XX Old Forge 400-8
I found this one in a thrift shop!! My eyes lit up when I saw it at the bottom of the bin....The old Case XX kitchen knives show up on EBAY a lot
If anybody is going to the Shepherd Hills Celebration in the Ozarks this weekend, be sure to bring your favorite knife with you, find John Sullivan, and ask to be interviewed. We'll take your photo with your knife and you might even end up in the 2010 Case Product Guide!
This is my favorite case knife. Case XX era 40-64 folding hunter with 2nd cut red bone handles-MINTY..My 2nd favorite is a Case Tested folding hunter. It has a "tiny" pin crack between the center pin and bolster and the blade is a little rough but I still love it. My "other" favorites are my Tony Bose knives which I only have a few of but havent taken any pics of yet.
Attachments:
Large Stockman

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
11 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
11 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
14 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
14 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
14 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Saturday
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Apr 12
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John