Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Some of the other knives I like to collect are "Store Brands"  Most tend to come from hardware stores but there are plenty of them out there.   Many have a history to them.  Many of the used American made ones can be bought for dirt cheap and will provide you with years of additional service. Quite frankly if you're one of those people who insist on buying American and you're looking for a quality Electrician knife or hawkbill for an EDC, then a good used Klein Tool "USA" is just the ticket. (It'll run you around $10 or less (including shipping)!

Top to Bottom:

Hibbard Hawkbill (Hibbard, Spencer, & Bartlett Co. Chicago Illinois, they became True Value)

The handle is wood with brass liners.  The blade is carbon steel (1095?)

I'm not 100% certain but I think Hibbards were outsourced to Camillus or Ulster.

The next three are all 1960-80s era Klein Tools (also Chicago Il.)

All three have plastic handles with brass pins and liners,  Stainless blades and bails. ( The bottom may be carbon steel, not 100% certain)  The screwdrivers lock with a brass liner lock.

A hawkbill electrician, a Spear master Electrician, and small one blade rope knife.   While Klein makes numerous tools, their pocket knives were outsourced, often being made by Ulster, Camillus, and Utica and numeous other New York cutlery companies.  I think they are now made in China but I'm not 100% certain.

Views: 1312

Replies to This Discussion

seen a lot of those when i was a electrian man brings back some good times thanks tom

yea the one on bottom is cv,everyone i every have had like the bottom knife were easy to sharpen just a good knife to carry and use...thanks tom

This is an old Keen Kutter display that I found in a junk shop. No knives where in it but it still had the price tags. The highest price was $1.60. I have been trying to fill it up.  All the knives in it are Keen Kutter.

That's cool Lee! Do you have a bigger picture?

Not yet but I'll see if I can get one.

I am of the Shapleigh & John Primble hardware camp myself. I like the blade swedging of these older knives plus the Shapleigh tang stamp is in my mind the best one in their era.

Here's an interesting knife from my nephew's cigar box. This knife is very comfortable in the hand. It has good balance.

I told him he should clean it up a bit...or give it to me! :) It has an interesting "pedigree". It's part of his "prison knife collection" - that's another story but you guessed where it came from. Still it's a nice knife - definitely!

I think it is pretty cool.

Sears Craftsman

Wow that's nice! This is the first time I've ever seen a light colored hardware knife. Always they're brown or brown/black. Nice!

I like the wording on the blade too "BIGGIE STOCK KNIFE"

Ken, it seems you have a little bit of everything and a whole lot of what I like!   Very nice Craftsman there!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service