Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

This years GAW knife is an oldie but not an easily found knife.  A Parker Seki Japan Christmas knife, this is only the 2nd time I have seen one. It features the manger scene, Luke 2:11 and a seasonal message from the Parkers on the blade. A lockback with "Surgical Steel"  never used and appears to have original edge.  It was purchased out of a Parker Collection.

Entry is easy and I hope it brings a smile to a face or two among us.  Come to this discussion and remark with ANYTHING 2020 that made you smile or grateful.

Views: 960

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dennis, I'm sending thoughtful wishes that you enjoy a beautiful, healthy year ahead.

Dennis Hibar said:

Grateful that I only had one cancer surgery in 2020.  More importantly, was able to time it so that it didn't hinder me down as we ended winter and entered the spring/summer yard work season ... and before this Covid crap got out of control!!!! 

ANYTHING 2020--- It has been an eventful year for all, no doubt.  On our wedding anniversary (#52), I had a heart attack.  The doctor told me a stent wasn't an option and open heart surgery was the only route to recovery.  With a lot of doubt, I consented.  Quadruple bypass followed and a stroke also occurred during surgery that was undiagnosed until days later.  After a month in the hospital due to other complications, I went home and began the road to recovery.  

A long story to say I am grateful to be alive to spend (hopefully) many more years with my long-suffering wife and enjoy the fascinating world God gave us.  Just a little early, I want to wish you all a Very Merry Christmas and pray that we all remember the true reason to celebrate.

Bruce  

Bruce,

WOW - Glad your doing okay but I have to say i dont think she liked the Anniversary "gift"

Seriously, since I have been on the wife side of this, I promise you she is grateful to you for fighting back and staying. God has shown us a few challenges this year but all in all I can say reading everyone's reasons to find hope this year is certainly bringing my spirits up 

Well the contest has ended and I enjoyed reading the entries very much.  2020 brought some very harsh losses for us and it did for many others.  I am grateful we live in a manner that allows us to socially isolate ourselves but still do pretty much as we please. I am grateful to God that we have gotten this far and my wonderful 73 year old diabetic heart patient Donnie is safe and pretty darn healthy! I am grateful for all of you...you are what keeps me focused and sane in a world I don't recognize some days. The research, the pics, the discussions and the helpfulness of all gives me something to look forward to every day.  Thank you all for being a part of iKC, a community forged in steel.  It is the members that make us the greatest place to hang out!

Ha! made you think I forget the winner didn't I LOL!!!!

Scott Abel , please be sure I have your mailing address and when I can get down my mountain I will send you the knife!  Thank you all for being a part and for all the smiles in this discussion

A big congratulations Scott!  And thanks Jan ... I enjoyed reading all the entries as well!

Congrats to Scott! Thank you so much Jan for the GAW opportunity and  for gifting us all with a wonderful place to hang out and share. Bless everyone and be safe out there. Happy New Year to all! :)

Jan Carter said:

Ha! made you think I forget the winner didn't I LOL!!!!

Scott Abel , please be sure I have your mailing address and when I can get down my mountain I will send you the knife!  Thank you all for being a part and for all the smiles in this discussion

Congratulations!

I am very happy for you Scott !  Von Dutch is happy for you too !   My Neighbors and our renters are in quarantine .  I can't play with Von Dutch until after January 3rd.  Everybody in my house is safe and unaffected. Thank You Jesus !   

Kenny,

Thank God you are all fine but not having that cutie around for a while will be hard

Congrats to Scott. Hope he enjoys the gift.  Thanks to Jan for providing us a place to come and get info and look at knives, Also a place to store our pictures for future use.   I do pray 2021 is better for All of us!  I do at this time have doubts! I am concerned about our Nation and what lies ahead.  I believe we have already seen a vision of the future in Nashville Tennessee this week. I hope I am wrong!   Oh and for Jan I saw one of those Christmas 2020 you missed on ebay.  I was a little leery of the final price!   2 Bidders with 0 buys butting heads  bidding on it and it went for $255.00  

Again congrats to SCOTT. 

Mike 

LOL on the 255.00.  Think I will wait

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit