Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Are you addicted to flashlights? Or just want to know what we mean when we say lumins cells and bezels. then join this group now!

Tags: Flashlight, forum

Views: 4451

Replies to This Discussion

Reply by Dan Evans on June 29, 2010 

My EDC is a Fenix P2D, but I just picked up this Cree 3 1 AA flashlight from Meritline on sale for $9.00.

http://www.meritline.com/showproduct.aspx?ProductID=44806&SENam...

Got it as a backup (actually a 3rd) ... "Three is two, two is one, and one is none"

It truly is not a bad light. Well made, one level but has a good throw. Not bad for the price.

Reply by lg&m on June 29, 2010

I got a Eagletac PN20a Neutral a few weeks ago. Nice but a little big for AAA.

Reply by Richard Reed on June 29, 2010

My EDC is a Fenix PD30+ R4 Edition and im very happy with it. I started with the older model of the pd30 but then i upgraded . Now the wife hangs around with an EDC flashlight . =)

Reply by Richard Reed on June 30, 2010

Just ordered a TK20 from fenix for backup now that where in hurricane season here in the tropical Island of Puerto Rico.

Reply by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on July 18, 2010

I got 3 headlamps. Two years ago in Hurricane Ike we were without power for 17 days. I got a Princeton Tec one for my wife that has a CREE 1W LED and three regular white LEDs so it will throw a nice spot for 10hr or (on dim) a flood to work or read by for 160hr. mine is a Black Diamond of similar specs but a bit brighter, I believe 60L. those were $25 and $40 via ebay. Also got one at Wallmartskyu for $16 that has four white and 2 red LEDs for night vision. All 3 headlamps use 3xAAA batteries.

Also for a pocket light and room flood, I got an Inova X5 that uses 2xCR123A batteries. The light is heavy and the batteries are light weight. Tonight we had a guest for grilled steaks when the power crapped in a thunderstorm. The Inova (5 regular LEDs) puts out 56L for 10hr regulated, so I propped it up to shine on white ceiling, turned on an emergency radio and we missed the end of a bad movie and had soft even illumination and classical music for the 15min outage. Worked very well.

Houston has a lot of storms, so headlamps and flood lamps make sense here.

Reply by Richard Reed on July 18, 2010 

Yeah thats a nice flashlight my brother has one of those very bright when u look into the front of the flash light and rotate the back . He lives in Miami at the moment.

Reply by James Cole on February 13, 2011

The other day at Home Depot I saw a blister pack with 4 led flashes, four headband led flashes, 12 AAAs, 8 flat batteries, and a small water bottle, all for $9.98.   No name stuff , the leds are single speed, but everything works.

JC

Reply by Glenn K on February 16, 2011

Catipult V2 SST 50 BIN, searchlight in the hand : - )

Reply by Richard Reed on December 25, 2011

Fenix  PD20 & LD01

Reply by Ron Cooper on January 7, 2012 

A ZebraLight SC600. This is now my EDC light quite simply because it fits so nicely into the cargo pocket of my shorts. Which is precisely why I bought it! An unbelievable amount of light coming out of such a small package -- 750 lumens @ 1 x 18650!

Reply by Alexander Noot on March 14, 2012 

750! Good lord....I'm running off to google that beast!

Reply by Richard Reed on March 14, 2012

Looks Great  but i like the throw better that i get from  fenix

Not such a big fan for flood light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gs55s4_o0rs

I love my TK70  2,2200 Lumens  off 4 D Battery's witch is easier to find or you can run it with  3  D cells.

prob wont fit in  you cargo pocket but its like one of the search lights they used in London during WWII for shooting down aircrafts!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service