Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Suggested readin' - CARVING PEACH PITS by R.V. Dietrich.

We've also agreed to host the "Whittling and Woodcarving" group here also.  Discussions from June 20th-June 29th are from that group.

Views: 3298

Replies to This Discussion

LOL, I wish I could carve that good.  JJ what knife do you recommend?

Tough question, Jan.  It'll really depend on the design.  For real intricate designs you'll need thin blades.   I'd expect that the winner will have used a varied amount of tools, when all is said and done. 

I'd expect that folks that like a "Lagoulle" style knife could do a lot with one...

The blade style lends itself to more delicate work.

Just Sayin...

Thanks my friend, excellent source for some way out designs... I have to think outside the box!

J.J. Smith III said:

It's all good, Steve.

Check out Extreme Pumpkins.com, for some ideas.

I can't find the contest link...I want to enter something in the "NON TRADITIONAL" catagory.

Steve"Hog"Hanner said:

Thanks my friend, excellent source for some way out designs... I have to think outside the box!

Finishing up my entry for the contest. Pics up soon.

Well not sure its a link...I am pretty sure Jan was commenting on pics but I guess if a link turns up we'll find it! If you do use an exotic or high dollar knife for pumpkin carving be sure to take a pic of that. I guess a description of said knife would be good too. I better start on mind as there is sure to be frost on it tomorrow a.m.!

J.J. Smith III said:

Finishing up my entry for the contest. Pics up soon.
Lol. I was trying to click on the news feed pic.

Carved this pit "Santa" for my wife to wear during Christmas time, this year.

Cousins  Luke and Bo...

Luke is a "Christmas Elf" and Bo is a "Garden Gnome".

These are so cool and I am certain she loves the Santa

Got to talking with a friend this weekend and he asked me if I had ever seen any of George Strunks work.  Silly me I thought it was a knifemaker.  My buddy starting telling me some stories about an amazing wood carver, thought I would share

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service