Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

If you've spent any number of years around knives, whether it be just using one, or as an avid collector of the sharp, shiny things that grab a hold of so many, then you've probably seen a few Imperial brand knives and chances are good you even have a couple hiding out in a box somewhere.

They have filled the garage sales and flea markets for years, being sold and peddled for mere pennies at a time. These knives are, cheap. But, when was the last time you saw an American made product that actually worked sell for a reasonable price? Sure, you can bring home a Case sodbuster knife for around $20.00, but for that you could own a couple dozen Imperial knives. Of course the factory is closed now, so, anything you get is going to have a little age to it.

Super thin carbon blade, thats about standard for these knives. A thin metal like material is the handle scale and often times there is no shield. Not exactly the most beautiful of choices when buying a knife, but again, they are cheap and they work.

An Imperial knife wasn't made for a rich man, it was made for an every mad. 

So everyone, lets see your Imperial knife.

Tags: Imperial, Providence, R.I., USA

Views: 28145

Replies to This Discussion

more...

Joe,

I think you did buy them all!  Excellent collection

Oh my did you see them on the display! My goodness one of the best I have seen! Even the celluloid looks unchanged

Thanks, Jan!

Thanks,Steve. I collect them for the colors. That's a reproduction card - but I have an original too, as well as other cards!

That what I love the best, the color. I only wish they could produce this type of color in todays knives. I know that Canal Street has tried very hard to recreate some of that and even Case in all its hugeness has tried some different materials and tried some color. In my opinion the bolder the better!

that is about a perfect fish knife Rick!

http://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/2770426162?profile=original

Rick Smith said:

Just wanted to add my Dad's fishing knife from his tackle box from the 1940's.

It's in pretty good shape for the shape it's in.

It would be hard for any company to match the colors of old celluloid.  A few have tried but the materials used just can't hold a candle to the risky but beautiful colors of times gone by.

Check out my old spiders by Imperial!!!

Great fish knife, Rick! Having a knife is one thing ~ but if it has family history, you just can't beat it.

Very impressive Imperials AKA Joe!  Love them Fish knives!

Thanks Tobias!

Here are a couple of shell handles in there blister packs... the "razor Blade Stainless" knives are from the mid '60s. The "camp knives" are from the '80s through the '90s. 

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service