Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I think we need to get a jump on this, so those people who have to plan ahead to purchase one can do so.

Let us discuss and then lockdown a pattern/design, get it priced out and ordered. Buying a knife around the winter holidays is difficult for everyone.

My vote is for a jack/mtnman/barlow-esque pattern Large (or Medium)

Stag/Bone/Burl wood

One/two blades

I would prefer Carbon blades, but an exotic SS is fine.

Views: 4477

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Very nice looking, One question, is it possible, the back pin, could it be a bit larger diameter, and a hole in it? 

I like the steel, I like the handle slabs, and if the fit and finish are up to par, then I can live with the spear point.  I'm in.

I like the idea of a hand made knife for our club knife. I also like the "Canoe Pattern" . I am wondering about the tang stamp? I can't find another club knife that was hand made by one knife maker. I'm in, you bet.

like it...definetly worth consideration,

Well first.  Thanks to all of you for responding.  We appreciate it very much.  Brad is correct we are not married to it yet but it gave us the most agreement by a very large margin. The discussion does need to continue.  I will try to answer everything I can here

Only 50, it is a very close to last years 57 made.  A short run is more desirable in the long run.

Not everyone will be enthusiastic with our choice but I believe the 50 responders will be.  If I had my way I would customize a knife for each and everyone of you but realistically I cant.  I have offered the fixed blade everyone was looking at, at a special price but so far only one taker on that.  Guys, I will go to the moon for you and your knives if I can.

Learning about pricing a knife has been a process for me over the past 2 years.  Adding to it a custom tang stamp or a custom shield is always doable. But you have to buy the Die for tooling.  Same with a shield you buy the shield and the tooling die.  The last two years we were fortunate enough the the maker had our letters and was able to produce it for us at just the cost of the shield itself.  When you are spreading the cost over 250 knives it is minimal but when you are spreading it over a short run, not so much.  I am not saying I wont check on it, I will price it out for us. 

This knife, as in all years.  This knife belongs to the community I love being a part of.  My commitment is to do the best I am capable of, offering you the best knife I can find. 

Bless your heart, Miss Jan, we know you are working hard for us and will get us the best deal possible. You are correct on one thing, everyone has different taste and opinions on knives. You could make 50 knives and have 50 different choices but this is a club knife for the whole gang. I am with you, no matter what happens, I'll know the work that went into it and the fact that it's your first year at the helm. Thanks again for your hard work.

I for one, have great faith in your ability to make this happen. All of us know that not everyone will be pleased with the end result, but varying tastes in knives are what make this forum great. We can take great satisfaction in knowing that. Jan, you are doing a fantastic job.

Jan Carter said:

Well first.  Thanks to all of you for responding.  We appreciate it very much.  Brad is correct we are not married to it yet but it gave us the most agreement by a very large margin. The discussion does need to continue.  I will try to answer everything I can here

Only 50, it is a very close to last years 57 made.  A short run is more desirable in the long run.

Not everyone will be enthusiastic with our choice but I believe the 50 responders will be.  If I had my way I would customize a knife for each and everyone of you but realistically I cant.  I have offered the fixed blade everyone was looking at, at a special price but so far only one taker on that.  Guys, I will go to the moon for you and your knives if I can.

Learning about pricing a knife has been a process for me over the past 2 years.  Adding to it a custom tang stamp or a custom shield is always doable. But you have to buy the Die for tooling.  Same with a shield you buy the shield and the tooling die.  The last two years we were fortunate enough the the maker had our letters and was able to produce it for us at just the cost of the shield itself.  When you are spreading the cost over 250 knives it is minimal but when you are spreading it over a short run, not so much.  I am not saying I wont check on it, I will price it out for us. 

This knife, as in all years.  This knife belongs to the community I love being a part of.  My commitment is to do the best I am capable of, offering you the best knife I can find. 

Dittos to what Robert & Brad T just said.

Something in a swing guard,with a 4" drop point blade and stag handles.

Miss Jan - Thank you for all your effort, and please don't get a headache over this situation!                                          

Fellow Members - We have a chance at a great little knife - By a swell maker - who happens to be one of our IKC members - At a great price - what more do we want!  Remember, we can't have everything!  Best of luck... Warren - "Lone Wolf".

I like it but if it falls thru anything from Tony Bose for say under a 100 bucks would be nice. Hey what can I say. I guy can dream cant he.

Hey I like that dream!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service