Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

There are those who keep telling me that my knife hobby is out of control.

Especially with Swiss Army Knives!

And that I am spending money like a drunken sailor on shore leave.

They don't understand. They don't hear the voices! They have never met...

Dog Buddha!

The Dog Buddha speaks to me late at night. He orders me to buy Swiss Army Knives.

I am helpless! Powerless over the Dog Buddha! It's not my fault!

You understand. Don't you? Well, don't you!

Please tell me you understand.

Views: 844

Replies to This Discussion

Some sites discourage posting to old discussions, but thankfully not iKC.
Until recently, I would have said that "Dog Buddha" was a myth, but no longer...

Up until recently, I only had 1 Swiss Army Knife, one of the "Super Timekeepers". Its essentially a Victorinox SwissChamp with a small watch added to the front side. It stayed in a drawer, safely nestled in its leather belt sheath.

I said, up until recently, because the urge came over me that I needed some more. In the last month, all of my eBay searches have been for SAKs. Some how I've picked up over a dozen, in this time frame.

I told myself that I had enough. There not intended to be collectors pieces, but good users. For the most part they're all used. I've even gone as far as getting extra springs, toothpicks, split rings, for maintenance.

Figured I was set. Finished buying for a while, but NO. Somehow, 2 or 3 more showed up on my watching list, along with associated bids.

Ron, tell Dog Buddha to stop.

J.J....

If only I could, my friend. The Dog Buddha is cunning. He speaks so softly in my ears. Barely a whisper...like the wind. He speaks. I obey! To resist is futile. Obey the Buddha.

Enjoy the fruits of obedience to the Dog Buddha! They will magically continue to appear!

J.J. Smith III said:

Some sites discourage posting to old discussions, but thankfully not iKC.
Until recently, I would have said that "Dog Buddha" was a myth, but no longer...

Up until recently, I only had 1 Swiss Army Knife, one of the "Super Timekeepers". Its essentially a Victorinox SwissChamp with a small watch added to the front side. It stayed in a drawer, safely nestled in its leather belt sheath.

I said, up until recently, because the urge came over me that I needed some more. In the last month, all of my eBay searches have been for SAKs. Some how I've picked up over a dozen, in this time frame.

I told myself that I had enough. There not intended to be collectors pieces, but good users. For the most part they're all used. I've even gone as far as getting extra springs, toothpicks, split rings, for maintenance.

Figured I was set. Finished buying for a while, but NO. Somehow, 2 or 3 more showed up on my watching list, along with associated bids.

Ron, tell Dog Buddha to stop.
Not wanting to get into a politica/ideological discussion, but Dog Buddha must be of the Democratic persuasion.
Seems that they do "Magically" appear, however the funds to cover them do not.

The Pony Express just dropped off several sets of used scales that I intend to swap out on a couple of mine. Also got a Spartan with the SilverTech scales, which I bought, specifically, for the scales, to use on one of my Deluxe Tinkers.
Funny how you can get a complete knife for less than the cost of relpacment scales.

Ha , that Dog Buddha doesn't bother me , I have never felt the slightest inclination to own a SAK !

There is an "antique centre" in Shrewsbury with dozens and dozens of SAK's and I stood and looked at them for ages with not a twinge of desire .

So take that Dog Buddha , good job he don't do razors though  !!

Seems that some folks have their own special Buddha.  Looks like yours tells you to pick up another razor.

Now mine will get me on olive nut boats, every time.

ROFL!

We all have a form of Dog Buddha!  Mine cannot make up his mind or he is as eclectic as I am.  Sometimes I actually hear him say ...Oh Look!!!!!!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service