Welcome Home

Hi there! guys, what do you think  about Kershaw knives? I like the style, and i have one big collection of them. what collections do you have? 

Views: 45

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mine is all over the place. 20 or so Cold Steel...15-20 Kershaws, a few Zero Tolerance, handful of Benchmade, 10-12 Blackjacks, a bunch of Gil Hibbens...lol. 

it's a huge collection Steve. good job! i have also ZT collection and i very like them. next level is Benchmade.

I just can't bring myself to collect by brand only. I find there are few patterns that I actually like in each company's line-up. And when I do find something I really like, they go and discontinue the line.

yeah, unfortunately this happens very often. 

Steve Scheuerman (Manx) said:

I just can't bring myself to collect by brand only. I find there are few patterns that I actually like in each company's line-up. And when I do find something I really like, they go and discontinue the line.

I have about a dozen Kershaw knives. I think they are excellent knives at a great price. I don't really collect them, but I carry one in my pocket quite often. Mostly the Ken Onion designs with spring assist. (Leek, Chive, Scallion) I have the Blur in my pocket today.

For me they are very comfortable and compact, and i like it very much. it's very important if you have a good knife in your pocket when you really need it. Blur is my favorite. 

Ricky Ray said:

I have about a dozen Kershaw knives. I think they are excellent knives at a great price. I don't really collect them, but I carry one in my pocket quite often. Mostly the Ken Onion designs with spring assist. (Leek, Chive, Scallion) I have the Blur in my pocket today.

Great question, Andrew!  You've got me thinking...  I wonder what my Kershaw collection would look like if I put all of them together... 

I've currently got the red & the purple Blurs (both of which were gifts from my wife), as well as the black Blur with the tiger stripe blade when it was an exclusive at Cabela's.  I bought my sons each a similar tiger stripe Blur.  The Blur is an incredibly solid knife, with great steels.

My largest Kershaw is the Camp 14. Then there's the Piston (another gift from my wife) & the Knockout (in green).  An orange Leek.  The damascus Shallot.  The 1/2 Ton, the 3/4 Ton, & at least one other that's no longer in production (oh yes, the Scamp).  Oh, & the Rake (had to replace under warranty when the tip broke off under regular use).  And the Valmara (comfortable 3-finger knife).  The Swerve.  The Crown (in black).  The Diskin Hunter (also from my wife).  The Speed Bump (my first Kershaw).  At least one Whirlwind.  The Steven Segal in both plain & partially serrated versions.  And the Echelon (very cool little knife).  The Burst (purchased when it was called the Nerve).  The Compound (very slicey).  The Cryo (wonderful blade profile, but really heavy overall).  The Injection 3.0 (meh).  The Outcast (the edge is just too thick).  And the red R.A.M. (also from my wife).  The Reverb (nice & light).  Oh, & the Tremor (gave it to my dad when he was impressed with it).

And I almost forgot about my Zero Tolerances:  the 200 & the 909.  No Shuns yet, but maybe someday...

Okay, not quite as extensive as I thought, but it would still be cool to take a "family photo".

And I'm so close to picking up a Camp 10...

I could go on about the other knives in my collection (really, I could), but I won't, not right at the moment...  I'm with Steve, my collection is also all over the place, which is just the way I like it!

Thanks for getting me to think about my Kershaws, Andrew!

You are welcome! Good job! Thanks to all guys supporting interests and activity of this group! it's great! hope you'll keep collecting and say thanks to your wife =). next week i'm going to post about Zero Tolerance knives and show my collection. people should know and see what interests of knives you do have. my best regards! good luck!       

dead_left_knife_guy said:

Great question, Andrew!  You've got me thinking...  I wonder what my Kershaw collection would look like if I put all of them together... 

I've currently got the red & the purple Blurs (both of which were gifts from my wife), as well as the black Blur with the tiger stripe blade when it was an exclusive at Cabela's.  I bought my sons each a similar tiger stripe Blur.  The Blur is an incredibly solid knife, with great steels.

My largest Kershaw is the Camp 14. Then there's the Piston (another gift from my wife) & the Knockout (in green).  An orange Leek.  The damascus Shallot.  The 1/2 Ton, the 3/4 Ton, & at least one other that's no longer in production (oh yes, the Scamp).  Oh, & the Rake (had to replace under warranty when the tip broke off under regular use).  And the Valmara (comfortable 3-finger knife).  The Swerve.  The Crown (in black).  The Diskin Hunter (also from my wife).  The Speed Bump (my first Kershaw).  At least one Whirlwind.  The Steven Segal in both plain & partially serrated versions.  And the Echelon (very cool little knife).  The Burst (purchased when it was called the Nerve).  The Compound (very slicey).  The Cryo (wonderful blade profile, but really heavy overall).  The Injection 3.0 (meh).  The Outcast (the edge is just too thick).  And the red R.A.M. (also from my wife).  The Reverb (nice & light).  Oh, & the Tremor (gave it to my dad when he was impressed with it).

And I almost forgot about my Zero Tolerances:  the 200 & the 909.  No Shuns yet, but maybe someday...

Okay, not quite as extensive as I thought, but it would still be cool to take a "family photo".

And I'm so close to picking up a Camp 10...

I could go on about the other knives in my collection (really, I could), but I won't, not right at the moment...  I'm with Steve, my collection is also all over the place, which is just the way I like it!

Thanks for getting me to think about my Kershaws, Andrew!

I have a few Kershaw knives and really like them. I carried a Kershaw Scallion and then a Leek for several years. They were my go to knives. Until I got my first (and only Benchmade, my Kershaws were my favorite EDC knives. I also can't collect only one brand. I have more Case knives than any other brand, but I have a large variety of brands in my collection. Recently (over the past 4 or 5 years) I started getting into fixed blades a little more. I still carry two pocket knives everyday (Benchmade 585 Mini Barrage and Leatherman Skeletool CX), but I would not be afraid to stick a Kershaw back in my pocket for the day. 

Not a big fan but i will agree that some of their knives are amazing, like 4020 Concierge, 7007 Natrix.

It's great Jeremy! I like Benchmade knives, they are awesome! I don't know why I started collecting knives from Kershaw, it began a long time ago when my dad gifted me my first knife. We went to fishing, and I was excited with the present.  It was handmade and very small =). Then he said that every men who cares himself and his family, need to carry knife in his pocket, and must have tools in his car. He said that man must always keep clean his knife, tools, car and garage, if there will be all in order, you create order in your life. Thanks to my old man. I have many other brands, but my ZT and Kershaw collections are the most huge. I also like Cold Steel and thinking about Benchmade, maybe one day i'll get it.           

Jeremy B. Buchanan said:

I have a few Kershaw knives and really like them. I carried a Kershaw Scallion and then a Leek for several years. They were my go to knives. Until I got my first (and only Benchmade, my Kershaws were my favorite EDC knives. I also can't collect only one brand. I have more Case knives than any other brand, but I have a large variety of brands in my collection. Recently (over the past 4 or 5 years) I started getting into fixed blades a little more. I still carry two pocket knives everyday (Benchmade 585 Mini Barrage and Leatherman Skeletool CX), but I would not be afraid to stick a Kershaw back in my pocket for the day. 

Thanks Matt, you should hold blur one =) 

Matt Miller said:

Not a big fan but i will agree that some of their knives are amazing, like 4020 Concierge, 7007 Natrix.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Reed Cutlery Company

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

gear2survive !

KNIFE AUCTIONS

Boy's Knife is HERE

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

Click to view more

JSR Sports!

Click to visit