Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Knife box

I was looking at a bunch of old antique Knife boxes and thought this might just be the place to start a discussion or collection of such...History and INPUT.. some reveal the place of origin others have artwork from the past !

Since boxes are now worth collecting for they do increase the value of knives it is a somewhat appealing subject.

Anyone having knife boxes pictures to share, feel free to add them here, so we can all enjoy them !

Thank You,

Sue

Views: 1819

Replies to This Discussion

The Girl Scout "Hiker's Cutlery Kit" box survived one move 1/2 way 'cross the country  ..  suffered during another.

******************************NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is an awesome Kit there Dale

I LOVE all these old boxes Sue!!!

I have a few I will go searching for.

Over the last few months I think I bid on threedifferent knife boxes, only one had a knife with it.

Each box wound up going for more thsn I was really willing to pay for the knife....if there had been one.

I also bid on a display rack, cardboard, that held some small switchblades in a store.  It was sold for more than I usually pay for quality switchblades.  I think it was sold for like $825.

Anyway, here are a few "boxes" I have, and I use the term loosely.  Some are boxes, one is a leather pouch and then there are some waxed cellophane packages.  All hold knives

I will look for the 3 or 4 others I have.  They are older and more fragile so I hid them for safekeeping lol!

Lee, 

Thanks for sharing....they are great!

I think they are a unique part of knife history.

Sue

Thanks for starting this thread Sue, I agree with you.  I wish I had some nice ones.

I have one other cello was bag that this old Coke knife came in.  Since they were 5 cent bottles I gotta figure 50s or 60s??

Nice one!............

I ran into this great piece of paper, not a box but an enclosure to old knives.  It would have come in the box with the knife.

It is titled How to Play Mumbly Peg

I swear I remember getting something like that with a knife I bought as a kid.  I know I remember playing.  As if it was fun.  I remember getting a little pen knife stuck in my foot and sticking a few other of our little gang!

You do one position after another----until you miss!

We were such bad little boys.  And I remember getting my sister to play games like this and she would always cry (!).  I wonder why??

I like what they say at the end as they explain how to care for your knife.

Your knife is a valuable tool as well as a plaything

Imagine tring to sell a knife to little boys and little girls now using those words!!??!!

It's like that famous (and very rare) switchblade knife that was called The Teenage Girl's knife.

Imagine running a little store by the local High School and on your counter next to the register you have a display card with bright colorful items for those teenage girls.  Like switchblades!  Adertised just for them.

They could go home and ask their mom "Mom, can I have some money and go back to Mr Saunders' store and buy a switchblade?"

Sure thing honey, anything for you.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service