Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I purchased this knife on auction awhile back, It has a makers mark on the blade & sheath, The person I got it from said it was given to him from his step father in law 15 years ago in the Czech Republic, Prague, It is like new unused condition, Tight tolerances, Well built knife,It has a button lock to keep it closed, and a back lock to keep it open, Very tight and very smooth! To nice to be Pakistan, or Asian, I'm thinking maybe England, or Russian or Czech Republic since the use of a makers mark instead of a name!, Any help with a name or even a direction to look in would be greatly appreciated!,

Tony

Views: 218

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One extra photo to show the stag and how tight the blade tolerance is

Any Help would be appreciated!

Tony

Attachments:

I don't have the foggiest idea, but it shure is a good looking piece.

I spent 2 hours hunting for this knife today. I couldn't find a single one with that configuration. So, it is *not* a common knife, which I would think is going to rule out 90% of the Pakistan stuff. If the tolerances are as tight as you say, I would be thinking this is a custom job. If he got it in Prague, it may be a maker local to the area.

I am thinking the same thing.  Although this is similar to the Hubertus style, most of them were lever locks not push buttons.  I will see if I can find anything on Prague makers.  My thought is this is certainly European made

Thanks Jan!

Jan Carter said:

I am thinking the same thing.  Although this is similar to the Hubertus style, most of them were lever locks not push buttons.  I will see if I can find anything on Prague makers.  My thought is this is certainly European made

Thanks Steve!

Tony

Steve Scheuerman (Manx) said:

I spent 2 hours hunting for this knife today. I couldn't find a single one with that configuration. So, it is *not* a common knife, which I would think is going to rule out 90% of the Pakistan stuff. If the tolerances are as tight as you say, I would be thinking this is a custom job. If he got it in Prague, it may be a maker local to the area.

Thanks JJ!

J.J. Smith III said:

I don't have the foggiest idea, but it shure is a good looking piece.

I would agree, looks European.  Unsure myself.  I do not believe its German, but I'll look in between to see if I stumble on anything.  Could be Czech in origin....

The only folding bowies I've seen were German made but probably could be from other European countries, particularly if it's a custom.  The mark doesn't mean anything to me.  Might be a good submission to Bernard Levine's Knife Magazine Whut iz it column.  I sent him one once that he put in the next issue.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service