Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

For fans of knives from television, movies, comics, etc

Tags: Knives, big, forum, knives, movie, of, screen, the

Views: 11205

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Jan Carter on January 5, 2014

hought you might a blast from the past with a July 2007 Blade Mag article about the knives of John Wayne's Movies

https://archive.org/stream/BladeMagazine_2007-07/Blade2007_07#page/... 

Comment by Tobias Gibson on January 5, 2014 

Thanks Jan.  Great Article about Mr. Morrison and his knives. What I like is that for the most part their is nothing fancy about the knives. And let's face it, in reality there really wasn't anything fancy about Jim Bowie's knife. It became a legend because of the man! There had been similar knives before his knife and other people were carrying similar knives at the same time. It was the man, his, knife, and the events that surrounded them that made history!

Started watching Dexter over again from Season 1 and came across a beautiful Buck 119 Special with a Cocobola handle.

Even though he's not a member here, lets get some positive energy flowing his way. Sad news for the knife world, here's to a swift recovery!

Derek Hibben

Official statement.. Prayers Needed

As some of you may have heard through forms of Social Media... To which we did NOT want not nor wish to happen at this time..

My father Gil Hibben has had a stroke and was admitted to the hospital yesterday. It was NOT a "massive stroke" like is being depicted and aired via the web and word of mouth, but a stroke none the less. He is Coherent and tests are still being done. We do not have a Lot of answers for ourselves at this point let alone for everyone else. Please respect our wishes and let this remain a private family matter as we try walk through this along side him. We will keep everyone updated on his progress as we learn and find out more... That being said. PLEASE Do NOT Overwhelm my mother with phone calls or messages at this time. If you feel the need to contact anyone then reach out to me... she does not need the added stress as she is trying to process what all has happened as well as be there for my father and hold it together. At this point he is doing a little better and we hope to see continued progress as the days go on.. Please understand and Respect our wishes. Things are still running at Hibben Knives and will continue to do so.

Our family would like to thank everyone for their heartfelt wishes, concerns, thoughts, prayers, love, and light we have been receiving at this time.... We ask that you continue to send as much of the above mentioned as possible as he/we could really use it as my father tries to rebound from what has happened. He is the true definition of a warrior and to all who truly know him ... know nothing will hold or keep him down.. 
Respectfully, 
Derek Hibben / Hibben knives

Prayers for Gil and the entire Hibben family.

Our prayers are with the family and Gil for a quick and full recovery !!

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
3 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
3 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
5 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
6 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
6 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Saturday
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Apr 12
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John