Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I like USA made Schrades & Schrade-Walden knives...obviously. Old Timers, Uncle Henry's and the models that pre-dated those lines. Saw-cut Delrin, Stagalon, Butter-n-Molasses, etc. handles. They're all great in my book. 

I am proceeding slowly with adding to my collection, in the beginning I was going like gang busters. But, the pickings are getting slim at least for good/great condition knives.

Although I am not buying much now, I never tire of seeing them or looking for them. So if you have some or have come into some, let me see them.

Eventually I will try to get all I currently have into 1(or 3) photos for this discussion. For now these will have to do.

Tags: Delrin, Henry, Old, Schrade, Schrade-Walden, Stagalon, Timer, USA, Uncle

Views: 5911

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks Folks  - had a look at their online shop -  It explains the Red cover material too.

Looks to be in excellent condition and it has a sheath.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Schrade-USA-Uncle-Henry-144-Guides-Choice-S...

Or there is this user knife that looks to be in excellent used condition.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/UNCLE-HENRY-144-FIXED-BLADE-KNIFE-SHEATH-SC...

Nice group of knives Brad. You should look into canal street knives
Jay

Sometime back I bought a 987UH pattern knife from Herman Williams that had a 893 blade on it and the worm grooved green bone handles that were used on the 2nd Cigar Box Classics set. The 893 was a SFO for Walmart with only 2 blades, but they were high carbon blades unlike the 897UH that has stainless. This made them desirable for the collector and user.  I like matching pairs of knives so I asked Herman to make me one with only one blade and no shield,  then another set in Red Peachseed Jigged Bone. I also sent him a Tennessee River Trapper. He sanded down the bone and re-jigged it in the peachseed style. The picture shows a TRT96 as it came from the factory for comparison.

I"m real fond of the honey amber bone on the Tennessee River Trapper and I I had an idea it would look good re-jigged. Here's a couple better pictures.

Schrade Cut Co 1253 Jack with chain...for those to young to remember, the end of the chain s made to go over a button...bib overalls.

LOL, Doug!  I did not know that was the purpose (overalls)

Jan, I'm really not that old....but some of my younger friends are

I've acquired some new knives from Herman Williams. He got ahold of some antique German Stag that is just beautiful. He used it when he re-handled a NRA Bicentenial Bowie and fully file worked Bowie for me.

Some Ducks Unlimited Canada Schrades that stopped by on their way to Australia. The center one has green staglon handles. Something I'd never seen before.

And a Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation Schrade 15OT

WOW!  The Stagalon is unique!  I like the cutout also, it has a good look

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by