Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I like USA made Schrades & Schrade-Walden knives...obviously. Old Timers, Uncle Henry's and the models that pre-dated those lines. Saw-cut Delrin, Stagalon, Butter-n-Molasses, etc. handles. They're all great in my book. 

I am proceeding slowly with adding to my collection, in the beginning I was going like gang busters. But, the pickings are getting slim at least for good/great condition knives.

Although I am not buying much now, I never tire of seeing them or looking for them. So if you have some or have come into some, let me see them.

Eventually I will try to get all I currently have into 1(or 3) photos for this discussion. For now these will have to do.

Tags: Delrin, Henry, Old, Schrade, Schrade-Walden, Stagalon, Timer, USA, Uncle

Views: 5910

Replies to This Discussion

Great looking knives! The 14OT is one you dont see very often! Great sets!!

Here are 2 more Lit'l fingers, both by Herman Williams. The one in white bone has a WB on the tang stamp..I'm thinking for White bone. I've never seen this blade on a factory white bone Lit'l finger. Herman had it from when he worked for Schrade. It is also a stainless blade, so I'm sure there are others, or it could have been something in the works prior to the bankruptcy. I sure like the black liners,they really set off the white bone

Gotta love those fat Sambar Stag handles

It was one of the first fixed blades I bought when I started collecting vintage Schrades. I stumbled across it when looking for the 144UH, dumb luck. LOL

John Kellogg said:

Great looking knives! The 14OT is one you dont see very often! Great sets!!

I've been looking for a good deal on a 14OT or 144UH for awhile now. Congrats Brad.

You can't find them anymore. I look occasionally, for a back up and all I can find are the Taylor Brand asian made ones.

Doug Webber said:

I've been looking for a good deal on a 14OT or 144UH for awhile now. Congrats Brad.

This has been a work in progress for some time. Herman Williams was re-handling a couple knives for me.  I had sent him a 2941 Heritage trapper so he could take the shield off it for another knife he was doing for me. He called to tell me he didn't have any green bone big enough to fit the trapper. I asked if he had any plain white bone, and that was the start of this collection. No shields, no file work on these. There are 4 Schrade I-XL's with scrimshaw, but the rest are all Herman's. Originally, there were going to be 13 patterns, it just kind of took off from there.  Only the muskrat pattern is duplicated, there is a 787 open stock, a 787 with a fully serrated spey blade, a Schrade Walden 787 single back spring with a half serrated main, and a 877UH gut hook. I just paid off the last one, so this is the first picture of them all together. I know better than to say there won't be any more...

Hey I see some room in there for some more!  Doug, this is an amazing project and I appreciate your sharing it with us

I've finally gotten the latches, hinges, glass, aluminum extrusion, and batting to make the display for this set.  I'm still unsure about the fabric color, probably blue. The display boxes will mount to the back of a dresser mirror frame and be removable. I'm setting a realistic goal of getting it done by Christmas. Actually my neighbor is a cabinet maker, so it all depends on his schedule. 

Doug that is a spectacular collection of white bone handled Schrades.
As for cloth background for your display, think about medium to dark chocolate.

I had part of the knives in a display with black velvet. It made them look too stark..the blades didn't stand out at all. This is what I'll probably go with...at least, the first time...The material has some shine to it. It doesn't absorb the light so much as it reflects it. Actually it seems to make the knife brighter. Another thing about the lighter color, at least for me, is that it lets me look a little closer at the knife and see more details. I'm probably full of B.S. about all that..it probably just seems that way to me because I like that color of blue.

I've been wanting a 293 trapper with Herman Williams peachseed jigged bone handles for awhile. I told him what I had in mind..brown bone and a blank shield..going for the early Schrade Walden look. He said he had just found one tucked away in his desk, peachseed jigging and blank shield but that it was red bone. Not exactly what I first had in mind, but she sure is pretty. 

That is a beauty.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
3 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
3 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
5 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
6 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
6 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Saturday
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Apr 12
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John