Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

LET THE NEXT ADVENTURE BEGIN

Some of you are aware that Donnie and I are relocating to the GA mountains this weekend.  My first order of business was to have a wood burning stove installed for heating.  All outside lighting will be solar and by summer I want a small solar oven.  I have decided the electric company gets the very least I can possibly give them every month.  Although I will have a conventional oven and stove I want to do 90% of everything on the wood stove. So....what do you all know about it?  Got any ideas or recipes to share?  I will be using this model but it has the case iron legs not the stand

Tags: Learning, a, cook, on, stove, to, woodburning

Views: 710

Replies to This Discussion

Don't fret, Jan, plenty of cold weather left this year.

Bob and Leo, Thanks.  It is coming along nicely.  John, I actually considered one of this type LOL.  Donnie said no way I would take too much room in his shop  http://www.woodlanddirect.com/Wood-Stove-and-Accessories/Cook-Stove...

ROFL, Thanks JJ!

I absolutely love those old stoves. My neighbor has one in his mothers old house. If I can ever get that from him I am putting it in! Of course they weigh an awful lot, might have to strengthen the floor!

THIS is where it was...

LOL yes but the rock walls were completed today

Hooray! Looks great and should be completely usable!

Lookin' good Jan!

Nice Jan.

Fire burning downstairs and upstairs is now 5 degrees warmer :)

Sounds like Donnie had better stay down stairs until winter is over. LOL That way it won't get too cold upstairs for you Jan.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service