Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Tobias suggested that someone should start a discussion on 5 inch lockback hunters.  Since no one else has, I will.  But since I have two folding hunters and only one of them is a lockback, I will open it up to all 5 inch folding hunters.

Here is my first.  It is a Rough Rider Once In A Blue Moon 5 inch lockback with one blade.

My other one is a Rough Rider Rifleman Series folding hunter.  It is two blades and is not a lockback.

Views: 3049

Replies to This Discussion

Man that is a great looking knife!!

Steve Hanner said:

And here is one of my all time favorites , My Uncle Henry Schrade LB7:

Well this one has a locking blade but it isn't a lock-back so to speak.  And it also isn't five inches long.   However, it is a folding hunter.

Marbles calls it a Safety Folder

Despite the lanyard hole, the knife is quite comfortable to hold when the blade is locked and ready for use!

Handle material is stag and white smooth bone with black comp and nickel-silver channel inlay.  Brass pins and ringed nickel-silver bolasters.  Blade is 440A Stainless Steel.  Fit and Finish and over all build is excellent!

A closer look at the scrimshaw scene.  Pointer vs. Bear!  Note the brass pins and liners.

Ka-Bar - 5" Folding Hunter Lockback #1189, wood, clip point blade has grooves on spine/etched "Ka-bar 1189 U.S.A.", brass bolsters, w/black leather sheath & original box w/paperwork

Nice ones Brian!

That is neat Tobias!  I really like that scrimshaw!

Tobias Gibson said:

Well this one has a locking blade but it isn't a lock-back so to speak.  And it also isn't five inches long.   However, it is a folding hunter.

Despite the lanyard hole, the knife is quite comfortable to hold when the blade is locked and ready for use!

Handle material is stag and white smooth bone with black comp and nickel-silver channel inlay.  Brass pins and ringed nickel-silver bolasters.  Blade is 440A Stainless Steel.  Fit and Finish and over all build is excellent!

A closer look at the scrimshaw scene.  Pointer vs. Bear!  Note the brass pins and liners.

Nice Ka-Bar, and I have never seen anything like that Tobias!!

Good one Tim!

tim payne said:

Ka-Bar - 5" Folding Hunter Lockback #1189, wood, clip point blade has grooves on spine/etched "Ka-bar 1189 U.S.A.", brass bolsters, w/black leather sheath & original box w/paperwork

nice pair of RR's Charles!

thanks charles

Love your Case Clasps you posted John, thanks for sharing these!

John McCain said:

These aren't lockback hunters, but they fit the criteria for big blades-- all 41/4 inch-- Case Classic Clasp knives- I have a few--LOL

From top to bottom-

1990 Bird of Paradise Clasp-Prototype

1990 End Of Day Clasp-Prototype

1992 Violet Mosaic Clasp-1 of 25

1990 Cherry Chip Clasp-1 of 105

1990 Royal Monarch Clasp-1 of 105

1990 Thanksgiving Harvest Clasp-1 of 275

sweet looking halloweenie case hunter jeff!

jeff said:

well... i went ahead and dug this one out.. not a lock blade but worth a photo...another case...big hunter

grrrrreat looking marbles folding hunter tobias!

Tobias Gibson said:

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service