Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

What spyderco knives do you have in your collection? Pictures are welcomed/encouraged.

Views: 4142

Replies to This Discussion

I only have one Spyderco, a Bug.

Brad T. That Caly 3 Damascus is a beauty!

Charles Is the bug one of the tiny ones?

I have a few Spydercos. I bought my first one(Manix2) in January of this year. I have recently added a Tasman Salt. I have been using these knives most days at work. 

Yes, here is a comparison picture to a penny to show the size.

Donald Walker said:

I have a few Spydercos. I bought my first one(Manix2) in January of this year. I have recently added a Tasman Salt. I have been using these knives most days at work. 

Here is my most recent acquisition. A Spyderco Native with black FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon) and black DLC (Diamond Like Coating) blade. As a bonus it bears the unofficial insignia of the 10th Special Forces Group imprinted on the pile side of the blade. (Props to Charles Sample for pointing me in the right direction to identify this insignia)...

The ergonomics of this knife are amazing. Compared to my normal Spyderco EDC knife, the Paramilitary 2, the Native is relatively small. But in my hand it is oh, so sweet! Rather than waste my time (and yours) in a futile effort to articulate the way this knife feels in my hand, I will simply proffer a single word: Perfection! 

As you can see by its markings it was made in Golden, Colorado. The Home of Spyderco knives. Listed below are some of this knife's features:

• Single blade folding knife
  • Ergonomic handle with special features to for a secure, no-slip grip
  • 3.13” blade constructed of hollow ground CPM S30V steel
  • Locking lever locking mechanism with David Boye Dent safety

This knife came to me by way of an Ebay auction in which my winning bid was approximately 1/3 the MSRP for the same knife, new. I should hasten to add that, despite appearing in new condition, the knife was listed as used. Nonetheless, I almost feel guilty that I got this fantastic knife so cheaply. Not! I think the operative word is "almost."

And here is a shot of my whole Spyderco family, which has just welcomed a new, green G10, Paramilitary 2 with CTS-204P steel and a, black FRN, Native with CPM-S30V steel into the fold. See photos below...

From bottom to top the knives are as follows...

Titanium, Satin, Military ~ CPM-S30V

Digicam G10, Black DLC, Military ~ CPM-S30V

Digicam G10, Black DLC, Paramilitary 2 ~ CPM-S30V

Green G10, Satin, Paramilitary 2 ~ CTS-204P

Brown G10, Satin, Paramilitary 2 ~ CPM-S35VN

Orange G10, Satin, Paramilitary 2 ~ CTS-XHP

Black FRN, Serrated DLC, Native ~ CPM-S30V

That is an outstanding collection, Ron. I'm drooling all over myself.

The above picture shows the hardware changes on the Digicam Black Blade Para 2. The one on top is the most recent with all black hardware. The one on the bottom with its silver screws has been my EDC for nearly 2 years now.

All 5 above are Spyderco Paramilitary 2's

The above picture contains my 5 Para 2's flanked by my 2 Spyderco Military's - A Digicam on the left and a Titanium on the right. 

Nice EDC set Donald. After I decided to finally get ONE good quality knife I became financially painfully (lol) aware that ONE good quality EDC knife actually meant at least two EDC knives if you want to cover most cutting needs with a more appropriate tool.  Your two knives seem like they would serve many needs perfectly.  Hawkbill serrated for aggressive cutting orope, etc. and the Manix2 plain edge for hard use everything else.  Examples of course.  Great EDC set I think.  While 154CM is a fine steel IMO I prefer S30V which is what you have on the Manix2.  It has pretty good corrosion resistance and the H1 of couse is great against corrosion.  For when you fall in the ocean of course. lol

Donald Walker said:

Ron, I don't care for serrated edges much for EDC for my needs but I figure you need at least one for any decent collection.  If/when I do get one it will probably be this Native.  I love the fact that it is fully (sort of) serrated except for a larger plain section at the tip than most fully serrated edges.  I don't like combo edges at all because if you need serrations I think you probably need the entire edge serrated.  A combo edge seems like a waste of half of a nice plain edge.  Just my feelings. Many people love combo edges.  One thing about the Spyderco lineup is a nice variety to please many many people.  Plus, the Native is the perfect EDC size for my needs so adding this knife to an empty (or already occupied) pocket seems like a good choice IMO.Nothing wrong with two knives in the same pocket.  Maybe they will get along and then there will be a third "little" knife some day. lol

Another thing about your Spyderco knives.  Great collection.  You are still missing one knife though.  That's the next one you buy, no matter what it is. LOL

Ron Cooper said:

Here is my most recent acquisition. A Spyderco Native with black FRN (Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon) and black DLC (Diamond Like Coating) blade. As a bonus it bears the unofficial insignia of the 10th Special Forces Group imprinted on the pile side of the blade. (Props to Charles Sample for pointing me in the right direction to identify this insignia)...

The ergonomics of this knife are amazing. Compared to my normal Spyderco EDC knife, the Paramilitary 2, the Native is relatively small. But in my hand it is oh, so sweet! Rather than waste my time (and yours) in a futile effort to articulate the way this knife feels in my hand, I will simply proffer a single word: Perfection! 

As you can see by its markings it was made in Golden, Colorado. The Home of Spyderco knives. Listed below are some of this knife's features:

• Single blade folding knife
  • Ergonomic handle with special features to for a secure, no-slip grip
  • 3.13” blade constructed of hollow ground CPM S30V steel
  • Locking lever locking mechanism with David Boye Dent safety

This knife came to me by way of an Ebay auction in which my winning bid was approximately 1/3 the MSRP for the same knife, new. I should hasten to add that, despite appearing in new condition, the knife was listed as used. Nonetheless, I almost feel guilty that I got this fantastic knife so cheaply. Not! I think the operative word is "almost."

Here are my Spyderco knives as of 9/1/13.  I'm sorry about the blurry pictures.  If you want to see them clearly you can buy them. hehe  NOT MINE, get your own!  hehehe

Chaparral 2

Sage4:  I stonewashed the blade and bolsters.  Scales are kirinite "black mother of pearl" (not real MOP).

Dragonfly2:  I made a new handle for this knife and needed to cut screw slots in the pin heads.  Normally they are smooth.  Believe it or not Spyderco's original handle is better than mine (lol) so I put it back on.  Mine did work perfectly though.  I just used ugly, cheap material for my first try so it is now in the box (ugly handle coffin). lol

Bradley Folder (previously called the Gayle Bradley)  I think the name was changed due to more Spyderco/Bradley collaborations.  I have to say I think everyone on planet earth needs to own one of these folding knives if you WORK with folding knives.  This thing is a tank. THICK liners.  The only problem is it's too dang pretty to drop in the dirt and stuff.  But, after the first scratch it doesn't matter (like a new car lol).  So, buy one, put a good scratch on it on purpose then take it to work.  The CPM-M4 blade will STAY sharp about as long as any steel around.  Pretty easy to sharpen also.  GREAT KNIFE.  If I don't stop now I'll start boring you.  Or maybe that already happened. :)

Manbug: This is the G-10/ss bolster handle with the ZDP-189 blade from the FRN/ZDP model.  I ground the blade spine to the shape of the Spyderco Jester knife.  I put green bone scales on the handle.

Here is the family.

Starting from the far left:

Pacific Salt-yellow scales                             2nd Row from the top:

Spyderco Mule -  Elmax steel                       Police Model 50/50 Edge VG-10 steel

Spyderco Mule - CTS-BD1 steel                    Police Model Black G-10 scales ATS-55 steel

Bob Lun Collaboration Tanto - ATS-55 steel    Police Model Black G-10 Scales VG-10 steel

Military 50/50 Edge CPM 440 V Steel            Civilian Model Aluminum w/Kraton inserts ATS-55 steel

Military PE CPM S90V steel                         Renegade Black G-10 GIN-1 stainless steel

Military 50/50 Edge CPM S30 V Steel           Endura Foilage Green ZDP-189 steel

Merlin Old Model                                         Endura 50/50 edge Black FRN ATS-55 steel

Endura 50/50 edge LH ATS-55 steel

Delica II 50/50 edge VG-10 steel

Delica II 50/50 edge Chesapeake Knife & Tool AUS-6 steel

3rd Row, Top Right:

Original Manix Lock Back S30 V steel in Leather sheath by Al Dodge

Endura brown FRN scales FFG VG-10 steel

Endura green G10 scales VG-10 steel

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit