Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Hey look what I have to give away Image result for small smiley face (Thank you Danny and Tracey Reed)

***PLEASE  DO NOT EMAIL ME YOUR ENTRY***  I would not want you to miss an entry because it was not here in this discussion

Tags: Cougar, Creek, Giveaway!

Views: 2277

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I prefer a full tang knife over a hidden tang knife.

All of the fixed blades in my collection are made with a full tang.

D ale--you also forget the very forgettable (I wish I had) movie Pootie Tang.

John McCain--I agree with his statement--Tang sucks and with D ale that Tang wasn't invented by or for NASA.

Wiki

The creator of Tang, William A. Mitchell, also invented Pop Rocks, Cool Whip, a form of instant-set Jell-O, and other convenience foods

I prefer full tang knives
Maintaining a tangful attitude cuts a clear path through the briar patches of life.

Some people think that Tang was developed for the moon mission but the product actually pre-dates the Space program,  Tang was first developed in 1957 and was a poor seller for General Foods. All of that changed when Tang was first used by NASA on John Glenn's Mercury mission!  Buzz Aldrin was a poor spokeperson for Tang.  When asked what the thought about it, Buzz said "Tang Sucks!"

A variety of knives were also used by NASA during the Mercury, Gemini and Apollo program.   One of the most famous was the Randall Model 17 "Astro".  This full tang knife  featured a 5,5 stainless steel blade, a stainless steel cross bar and micarta handles.  Astronaut Gordon Cooper did the final design work on these historically important knives.

The tang stamp can tell you when a Case knife was made.

A broken and is a very sad thing, indeed.

Poontang

Enjoy some fine um... Grapes.

“I tried it once but it disagreed with my sensibilities”
~ Oscar Wilde on the joys of wild poontang

:)

dead_left_knife_guy said:   Yes you did, D ale, & I'm not saying it's WuTang Clan -- I'm just not sayin'.  :)

!!!! ... Seriously , hope you're feeling better , Jan ... !!!!

My reply was, "a broken tang is a sad thing." 

Knife tangs get in my way went using a knife.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service