Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Many of us have dreamt of  "improving"  our knives.

Some have even implemented their improvements.

Here is a place to share and document those modifications.

Before & after pics are great .. I realize this isn't always possible .. I did some of mine years ago. A statement of design goals or modification purpose is a good place to start.

Identifying the desired changes & modifications is encouraged. As is a description of

the tools, any problems encountered, & methods used in the process.

A summary statement & pic of the final result will wrap it up !! 

Also .. a place to share our mistakes.

Share what works & what doesn't.

Conquered a problem .. post a solution.

Up against a problem .. query for another's advice.

Views: 8320

Replies to This Discussion

After one side dries, I trim down the wood to the handle then I glue the other side.

I use WD-40 and cotton tipped applicators to clean up glue before it dries.
Drill rivot holes, used brass, sand and buff

Used brass tubing for lanard hole.

Notice rivots are not in a straight line, this was done purposly to follow the handle contour. I think it looks better.
Made a leather case, leather strand in lanard

BBQ leftovers. LOL

Bone.
Thought it was bone .. didn't catch that it was rib's .. sweeter than my broom-handles !!
This mod came from a Carving site, that I belong to. CASE knife, for under $10.00 at Lowes, makes a nice little carver.

Penciled in the shape that I was looking for.

After the mod.

Golf ball ... never would have thought .. thanks, I'll try it !!!!
Some dis-assembly pics ...

NOTE: Highest quality components & workmanship. The coil spring was wider than it's cavity & got squished on assembly. Wasn't unique to just this one .. all of this model exhibited the same problem.

Daniel has intimated he prefers a folder he can dis assemble for cleaning & maint .. ???? what dirt ???? metal filings .. maybe .. hehe .. blow up around the pivot pt or the spring for the button !!

.. the pocket clip forms the back wall for the coil spring cavity .. it's hard riveted to the frame .. guess a person could tap em .. don't feel the quality is there to merit the effort .. would be a good learning experience though !!

... and finally .. an exploded view .. of sorts ..

For the re-assembled view .. well .. ahh .. pls re: the initial posting ..

These were not inexpensive knives .. they were CHEAP .. a great learning experience !!!!!
Cool dude The blade looks hand ground almost did it come that way?
Daniel .. you happy w/ the performance of JB weld .?. tried any other adhesives .?. would welcome the input of experience !!

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service