Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

If you find yourself buying & carrying Leatherman, SOG, Gerber, Swiss Army, Swiss-Tech, Atwood, or other types of multi-tools than this is the club for you!

Tags: Multi, collectors, forum, tool

Views: 3715

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Steve Hanner on November 5, 2013 

Breaking news Leatherman is out with the Surge ....according to Leatherman much stronger Pliers:

The Leatherman Surge is one of our two largest multi-tools; a real powerhouse, built with our largest pliers, longest multi-tool blades and easy-to-use locks. A unique blade exchanger, large and small bit drivers and four outside-opening blades give you quick access to the tools you use most. The Surge was built for tough jobs and the hands that do them.

Comment by Jason Oncedisturbed Riley on November 10, 2013

Never owned a Leatherman due to cost but recently picked up 1 of their sidekicks for a good price, very well made bit of gear. Also have the Gerber Ultimate multi which again was a score on price

Comment by Johnathan Flores on November 10, 2013

Of the many multi-tools available, I would have to say that over the past 14 yrs Leatherman has proven to be one of my favorites.  A Leatherman micra is my EDC on my keychain, and a Leatherman MUT is my current EDC for larger chores at work or on the range.

Comment by Steve Hanner on November 11, 2013 at 13:14

Comment by Steve Hanner on November 11, 2013

That is a pic of a very early Multi tool attributed to Joseph Rodgers & Sons, Sheffield: 1900 P1633 Military Pliers Knife.

Who would believe but our old friend Tint Champlin had a early design for a Multitool as well:

Some great old pics! Anyone have any older Multi tools?

Comment by Steve Hanner on November 15, 2013 at 18:20

Comment by Steve Hanner on November 15, 2013

Yep that would be a Multi tool!

Comment by Ricky L McConnell on November 20, 2013

I have bought many leathermans over the years, I use them in Industrial Maintenance work. I bought a surge back in August, I like it, nice big needle-nose pliers, but I have not put it to the test yet.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service