Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

If you find yourself buying & carrying Leatherman, SOG, Gerber, Swiss Army, Swiss-Tech, Atwood, or other types of multi-tools than this is the club for you!

Tags: Multi, collectors, forum, tool

Views: 3715

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Steve Hanner on November 21, 2013

The Leatherman Surge is incredible and has over 20 functions I think. The needle nose pliers are great for detail work, but the wire cutter feature is outstanding. Seems like, never a day goes by that I am not cutting wire fence or barbed wire or electric wire of some kind!

Comment by Steve Hanner on December 12, 2013 at 9:30

Comment by Steve Hanner on December 12, 2013 

This is a pic of a Leatherman being used to remove porcupine Quills. What have you used your Leatherman/Multitool for recently?

Comment by Jason Oncedisturbed Riley on December 13, 2013

For those who are interested, came across a 24k Gold Damascus Leatherman

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Leatherman-Wave-Multi-Tool-Damascus-Stee...

Comment by Steve Hanner on January 10, 2014

im joing any group that was started by the "axeman" i carry a Gerber 600 multi-tool 

i love it, had it for over 25 years

leatherman question?

Posted by rein heht on July 19, 2010

how does one close a leatherman supertool when all the blades are open?

Reply by david schroeder on July 19, 2010

Which Supertool?

Reply by Carlos Rodríguez on July 20, 2010

Insert a screwdriver in the gap behind the blades (in the handle) and twist it just enough to free the blades (not too much or it will bend the built in handle spring). Once the first blade is free, you can fold the rest the usual way.

I used that procedure with a Multitool fom one of my Boy Scouts.

Reply by Neill Currie on June 4, 2013

I'd carefully pry up the backspring till one tool can be lifted from closed.

Posted by Charles Sample on February 11, 2013

I got this multi tool during a visit to SMKW during my vacation last summer.  It seems like a decent knife but I can't see the little hammer remaining tight in the handle if it is used as a hammer very much.  It almost seems to me more of a curiosity than a serious working tool.  Anyway it went into my collection unused.  It was one of those knives that caught my eye and I bought it because I liked it.

Reply by Steve Hanner on April 9, 2013

There is a knife that does it all! I saw this in the SMKW Catalog. You know it surprises me, to their credit they tried to revive the brand, which was much like the knife pictured, heavy duty, always striving for something more, I mean the hallmark of what was Marbles. I really wish i knew how much success they have had with the line.

Posted by Charles Sample on February 6, 2013

This little knife/muti tool arrived in the mail today.  I was researching one like it I already had and discovered several for sale on eBay.  Some of them they seemed pretty proud of wanting over $20 for.  This one had a starting bid of 99 cents.  So on a whim I stuck in a 99 cent bid.  Nobody else bid and I got it.  The shipping was $2 so it actually cost me $2.99.

Does anyone know anything about these little Bassett knives?  Does anyone collect them?  Does the company still make them?  I went on their web site and could not find them listed there.  I did find a 10 tool multi tool listed.

Here is the one I already had.  It was given to me a few years ago by a sales rep that I bought equipment from while still employed.  I kept it because of what is engraved on it.  It was sealed in a little plastic bag and I didn't even open it until a few days ago to check any markings on it for my inventory.  I wonder if the 94 on the tang means it was made in 1994.  It doesn't seem to be a model number because I have found identical knives with different numbers on them.

I am thinking I may start collecting them.  So far I am the high bidder on another one on eBay at $1.53.  The shipping on that one is $2.07 so if I get it, it will cost me $3.60.

Reply by Steve Hanner on February 7, 2013

Of course the original Bassett Jewelry Co. of Providence RI sold pocketknives in the early 1920s made knives and various blades between 1920--1940. Boker had made some of the early models for Bassett.

Today's, Bassett is imported and still located in the Eastern US and imports its multitools and blades and may contract out for advertising to be stamped on them. Here is a link to some posted on Etsy:http://www.etsy.com/listing/112828978/pocket-knife-vintage-knife-pe... In this case it was going for almost $10.00 so you got a good deal! here is another on ebay for $14.00 http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-BASSETT-POCKET-KNIFE-KNIFE-BLADE-NA...

We Need a Woodcraft Multi-Tool

Posted by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on July 20, 2009

Have you ever had to adjust a pine tree or camp fire with a #11 Torx wrench, or cut a trail to the latrine with those microscopic scissors? Neither have I.

We need a multi-tool made for camping and woodcraft, without all those doofus little screwdrivers. here are some of the blades I'd keep:

Unserrated strong blade of 4-5" length
Ditto little one 1-2" length
Tweezers & Toothpick
Serrated strong blade 3-4" length
Double set wood saw 4-5" length
Mill bastard file 4-5" length
Magnifying glass 5-7 diopters at least 1" dia

This would be about 6" long when closed and close to 1" thickness.

What would you like to see in a woodcraft multitool??

Reply by Dave White on July 20, 2009

Sounds good Andy, how about a spark rod and removable striker?

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service