Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

If you find yourself buying & carrying Leatherman, SOG, Gerber, Swiss Army, Swiss-Tech, Atwood, or other types of multi-tools than this is the club for you!

Tags: Multi, collectors, forum, tool

Views: 3715

Replies to This Discussion

Comment by Matt Davidson on March 4, 2014 

Steve - here's my top ten:

http://bestpocketknifetoday.com/the-top-10-best-multitools-ever/

Comment by Steve Hanner on March 5, 2014

Fantastic List Matt, posted on our FB site to get some more comments. Well done!

Comment by Ken Vigil on March 30, 2014

I love multi tools. My current collection is numbered at about 50 or so and growing. I am a big fan of Leatherman and believe that that are the best of the best overall. That said, I also really like Sog, SAK and vintage US made Shrade tough tools. I also have a few Gerbers, they are interesting but flawed in so many ways.

Comment by Steve Hanner on April 2, 2014

Outstanding Ken me too...still have to take a pic of my Croc

Comment by Peter Howard on May 23, 2014

I used to have a whole bunch of pcoket tools like this s4, there is a micra on my wife's keys to, I ended up gifting most of them away, might have to reinvest in them, always liked the handy gadgety utility of them...nope, not even going to rephrase that, it all seems right :)

Comment by Ken Vigil on May 23, 2014 

I really like my variety of Juice models, and my Skeltool is quickly becoming my overall favorite

Reply by Tom Cai on June 9, 2009

I've gone through a couple.

I had a Leatherman SLV (Costcos version of the AL with a gray scales of Aluminum).

Though I traded it for a Swisstool and a Cybertool 54 (both Vics, no pics).

I used my Leatherman for quite awhile. Mainly the saw. Though some of the other tools were not very useful for my purposes. I'm sure on a set (theater) it would be invaluable (along with a good folder). Most of the tools didn't really apply to bushcraft as much as I thought they would.

Though I can tell you the pliers are really good for untying those darn heavily strained knots (loaded). :D

I guess I can see the file being useful as well, smoothing the inside of notches and such (making a bow).

Scissors (skizzors :D) are usually too small on multi-tools and only really good for doing nails and smaller stuff (hey open that darn bag with a knife :D ).

The screwdriver, phillips/flat, well, I'm not really gonna be fixing things in the woods.

Though, you get the idea. Useful for home and other modern settings. Wilderness settings, well there isn't anything your knife can't accomplish.

i like the skeletool also, i have several different ones, the skeletool is curved and fits great in hand... it also wasw the first one with the knife blade accessible without having to open the tool.

Reply by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on June 11, 2009

Got this original PST in 1984 and have carried it as EDC. The pliers was the breakthrough tool. Otherwise it's much like the classic SAK which I've carried for almost 50 years. Here's the PST:

Reply by Andy Voelkle "AxeMan" on June 11, 2009

The Coast Pocket Mechanic is strongest multitoool of all, Carried it EDC since early 90's

Reply by Joe D. on June 11, 2009

Nice pic if a vintage Leatherman! My Micra looks like a mini version of this particular Leatherman. Thanks for sharing!

Reply by Jake on June 12, 2009 

Here's a neat vintage EOD tool that I bought recently. It's just under 5" long and 1/4" thick. A C4 spike serves as one handle for the pliers. A 2 and 1/3" blade is housed in the other handle. It's marked "explosifs luxite" on one side and "Luxembourg-Kockelscheuer" on the other. According to Wikipedia, "Kockelscheuer is a small town in the commune of Roeser, in southern Luxembourg. As of 2001, the town has a population of 261. The Fortis Championships Luxembourg are held at the Kockelscheuer Sport Centre, just to the north of the town."

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service