Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I started collecting Westerns for 2 reasons:
1)I love Colorado history..I thought it was cool to have a knife with BOULDER, CO stamped on it
2)When I was about 14, I lost a knife my dad let me borrow on my ranch property in Colorado....It was a Western L66..It's still out there to this day ..I think..I was gonna buy a metal detector and try and find it..I know where abouts I lost it...Well..within a 100 yd radius anyways..unless it is disintegrated by now...heheheh

My favorite knife is the Western F39

Why?
Because to me it is beautiful :)
Western Boulder, CO F39 Black Beauty

I have most of these models in my collection
The sheaths are a different story :(
They are kinda hard to come by
Western Beauty

My fav knife, with a personal story, is my Dad's Schrade
The Old Man's Old Timer

I found it, and some other knives, at my mom's house about 3 years ago. It had been sitting for 15 years, in drawer!! Those knives are what really got me into knife COLLECTING (and knife history)
I also found my dad's hatchet.
So this is my favorite HATCHET :)
A Father's Tomahawk

True Temper The Tomahawk

Views: 5606

Replies to This Discussion

I have more to the story, the mayor was a generous man, he built the city parks and gave samples of "Apple Pie" to travellers, in talking to a waitress in the diner, she told me that the cast of the tv show "Justified" visited the town before making the series. The mayor gave them a sample of his "Apple Pie" but asked them not to make it look bad

Sounds like he was a good mayor and a good man.

Today I would have to say Buck is my favorite knife company, (tomorrow it might be Case), and I have more Bucks than any other brand. I'm currently trying to collect one of each of the Camills-made 300 series Bucks. I have lots of other various knives, slip joint and fixed blade both new & vintage, but when I find a vintage Buck it always makes my day.

Though I have a rotating gaggle of EDC "favorites", and carry two or three knives on me every day, most often I always have at least one Buck with me too. Lately it's been either a 1970's 307, or a 301 of the same era, (both Stockman frames, both in their own belt sheaths), and I also like my 311 Slimline Trapper a lot. Y'all know what those look like, so I'll dispense with the seemingly obligatory photo(s), and let you use your imagination, but I gotta say Buck is my favorite brand of ALL my favorites.

That True Temper Tomahawk could be the inspiration for the Council Tool Flying Fox that I just picked up -- at about 30x the price...!

True Temper makes a landscaping axe that I have always coveted but the rules say I cant use it and Donnie likes his so I never pulled the trigger.  As for Council Tool...have you seen the Velvicut Bad Boys Axe??  Axe Envy!

Back in the 1990s, Dr. Ray Rantanen (retired NASA rocket scientist) went to the shut down Western Cutlery Company and he bought all of their special made O-1 tool steel.  The Western Cutlery Company had special order O-1 tool steel with extra chrome in it.   This knife is made from that steel !

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service