Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Lets review outdoor gear that our group members have tried and are willing to give their opinions on how good or bad the gear performed. New or just new to you. If someone else has tried the gear, please add your opinion too. Oh yea, we can review knives too.

Views: 906

Replies to This Discussion

This impact-resistant, watertight polymer container is a "must have" item for prepared individuals. Provides storage for one spare E-Series or P-series lamp assembly and six 123A lithium batteries. Wrist lanyard included. Batteries and lamp not included.SO WHAT IS THE NEWEST PEICE IN YOUR GEAR THIS SEASON??
Boots and apperal count also Pat.  Donnie works in the Altima Desert Tans.  They are the only ones he can wear 10-12 hours at a construction site and not have pain in his feet afterwords.  Normally he wears the waffle bottoms but we found a great deal on the wave bottoms not too long ago and he started wearing them last week.  He likes the waffle bottoms better but the wave bottoms are ok.  They hold up really good, he can get about a years use out of a pair
Go for it Pat, I'd like to hear about it.
I would like to review outdoors coats and jackets, not by brands but by material. If you are buying a coat just to be out side and enjoy the outdoors then this might not help you. If you are hunting or bird watching  are any outdoor activity that envolves the creatures of the forest then this information might help you enjoy it a little more. I have been involved in outdoors adventures almost all of my life and I have seen every kind of hunting coat you can emagine. If you are going to be successful in your hunt you must be above all other things be quite. The noise that is made by a hunter just moving their arms is enough to shy away most outdoor creatures, if the fabric is a noisy one. Just because it's made of camo material doesn't mean it's a good hunting coat. I tell this to alot of young dads that have spent alot of money outfitting himself and his young one, and they really don't want to hear that they have bought the wrong coat. A good check of your coat is to go in a very quite place and move your arms around if you can hear a bunch of material noise you don't have a good hunting coat, unless you are hunting ducks. The best material in a hunting coat is wool, fleece and cotton. These are quite and warm with the bonus of not being bulky. The very best is wool, real quite, not bulky and even sheds a light rain or snow. So before you buy your next hunting jacket consider the amount of noise it makes. I'll see you in the forest, good buddy.
Pat, call it like you see it. I'm sure there's alot of hunters using that stuff.
Don, you are right, they have made great advances in outdoor apparel and some clothing works only in certain applecations. I think Pat should call it like he sees it in the military and carhart applications of their outdoor uses. The same way I express the quiteness of a hunting coat, that might not mean anything to just an outdoorsman.

Pat,

I for one would value hearing your review and I venture to say I am not alone in that.  I appreciate that you have a passion for growing IKC and always share your information in a positive manner, even if your review says you didn't like the item.

You bet Don, I have bought many items from Cabella's and could not complain about any.
Don, I buy my wool jackets from L. L. Bean and not in camo. You don't need camo to hunt. I give their products an A1 on quality.llbean.com
Pat, the hunting boots down here in south Louisiana are rubber boots. Something thats 100% water proof. Tell us about those Carharts, I've wanted some for awhile.
Carharts are WARM and comfy.  Last a lifetime

Pat,

LOL, maybe they only last a lifetime if you live in FL and only wear them when you go north

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service