Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

If you are a paracord enthusiast, you have to check out Stormdrane.
He has applied more paracord in more ways to more things than just about anyone could ever imagine. His site is a wealth of information. I highly suggest looking thru not only the current info but all the archived info as well.

His site is incredibly informative. It has video tutorials, list sources for more instruction, lists sources for materials and has links to many related and non-related sites.

http://stormdrane.blogspot.com

Tags: Bushman, Cordwrap, HAK, paracord, stormdrane, wrap

Views: 1891

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

One of the main benefits of paracord is the inner strands. 

You can use them as much or more than the paracord itself.

I think that if you used it in an emergency, you'd be grateful that you had it on.  Probably not worrying about getting it back into a bracelet. 

Don't think that it's hot glue, Steve.  The end should be melted to help hold it in place. 

Craig Henry said:

I thought about getting one of those bracelets from time to time Steve. If you use it, do you try to re-braid it or just get another? 

I was checking out the Smokey Mountain website and they have over 400 items listed for paracord.

One of the better bracelets has a metal shackle that would be more useful in an emergency.  I pick them up at Home Depot for under $4.00.  Shackle not the bracelet.

Got some easy paracord links on instructables.     http://www.instructables.com/id/Paracord/

Click on the pic of each one to get the related instructions.

Put a hatband on an old thrift store hat.  It's stiched on with light thread so I can remove it if I want.

Wow that is incredibly helpful. I can clearly see those strands and that is what is holding this whole thing together inside. I looked again at the bracelet and it really just might be melted. Its hard to tell for sure as no burn marks just kind of shiny. Don't know if I can get a pic of that exact angle or not. No matter really.

I like the one with the shackle, might even be better than mine which is just plastic. No Home Depot by me(I really do live in the sticks) but I think I can order. I will check that link you had there too!

They have them listed at SMKW, though you can find them at a hardware store too.

I finally checked out that instructional site...wow you can cover a lighter in paracord, obviously a knife, a watch band..I mean the list goes on. Will have to look at buying some in bulk to what can be done. The strength it has is quite unbelievable. I will try to post some photos if I get anything done. I like the hat band idea too! ;)

Ok so here is another question... My wife bought me a cheap watch from Wally World and of course withing two days that plastic band "keeper" or whatever you call the thing you slide extra band into so it does not flop around. Well as I was tossing around nearly 1,000 lbs of grain I ripped it right off...just my luck. So I am thinking what about a paracord watchband? Indestructible right?

So this paracord bracelet I got from Boker got me thinking...maybe a good time to try one for a watch band. I have emailed the folks who made the wrist band I wear. They are south of me down in Arkansas and on vacation until maybe the 6th or worst case Monday. So we'll see! Don't know if they make them and don't know the cost but hope to find out and report back!

Thanks Jan!  Man this guy has some detail!

I think some caution is due here.  You'll need to make the watch band a bit longer that was shown in the video.  After you do the cobra stitch the added material will take substantially more room than was shown.  (Paracore will also shrink).  See http://www.tiedinknotz.com/the-secret-to-making-a-properly-sized-pa...

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service