Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I traded for a knife at the Dallas Gun Show this weekend. The man said he had taken it on trade several years ago and didn't know much about it. I am trying to find out if it is a Paul Myers knife. The knife has very nice file work and is very nice, but it doesn't have the markings like the other Paul Myers Knives I have seen.  It has the number 10 on one side and MYERS on the other side.  Does anyone know?  Thanks for the help

Views: 2849

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

John.  A good person to ask that of would be Bruce Piehl, he is a dealer in TX and goes to a very large amount of shows out there.  His profile is

http://www.iknifecollector.com/profile/brucepiehl

He is a great guy.  See if he knows anything about the maker.

OK, so Bruce has been to a few shows and asked all around TX, no one knows of this maker being in the state.  Has anyone else found anything on a maker by this name?

He is listed as an active member of the PKA, which is/was based in Malakof, TX

Here is the list of active officers:

2012-2013 PKA Officers and Directors:

President-- Mike Allen, Malakoff, TX
Vice-President--Mike Mooney, Queen Cr., AZ
Secretary/Treasurer-- Jim Magee, Salina, KS
Director of Education -- Steve Rollert, Keenesburg, CO
Director-- Jim Thrash, Tijeras, NM
Director-- Harvey King, Alta Vista, KS
Director--Don Bell, Lincoln, MT
Director--Mike Irie, Colorado Springs, CO

He appears on the active list of members but his web site does not work. I would say its worth a try, if you have not already.

Professional Knifemakers Association
Active Member List

Steve Myers
1429 Carolina Ave.
Springfield, IL 62702
217-452-3157
cell: 217-416-0800
myersknives@ymail.com
www.myersknives.net

Paul puts the sunshine pm on one side and Myers on the other. This looks to be Pauls. He is my wife's great uncle. He just passed tonight. A great man.
Looks like there are a couple myers, sorry for confusion

Bill I am sorry to hear about Mr Myers.  I have seen the ones with the sunshine on them, great knives

I joined just to provide some info as I was googling about custom knives and ran across this post. I think this knife may have been made Hayden Myers from Mertzon, Tx (outside of San Angelo). Reason? He was my good friends grandfather and made many high-end knives. We spent time in Mertzon around 1996-1998 and watched a few knives get made at his place. They are one of a kind, expertly crafted, pieces of artwork in my opinion, and if that's one of his knives, you've got yourself a treasure. He did a lot of trade shows/gun shows in the Dallas area and I remember myself and my buddy having conversations on how many he would sell, how much, what they were made of,...etc. He passed away a few years back, an excellent man as well as an excellent knife maker. Really cool to see one of his pieces on here....and I'm 99% sure that's one of them.

Bryan!  Thank you very much!

Hello, first post here.  Found this site on a google search for MYERS knife and I must add, not much info out there.  I did a search here also so decided to add to this thread before starting new.

I bought a knife the other day and the owner said is was his personal carry knife for some time and he believed that it was made by a farmer in Southern Ohio.  He also mentioned he thought the blade was made from a file.  I have always had an attraction to unusual unknown maker hunting knives and this one appears to be well put together.  I am hopeful someone here might be able to help me identify the maker.  Thanks!!!!

Edit:  5 1/2" blade - 10 1/2" overall

Any help on this or do I need to start a new thread?  Thanks

Steve Hanner said:

Ok well good that might provide something. I was able to find a Steve Myers in Illinois but his profile says he works on straight knives no folders.

John Derrick said:

I showed knife to a friend who knows a lot more than me. He said he thinks the man that made the knife lived around San Angelo, TX.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service