Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

So, you got a Stockman, wanna show it off? Here is your chance. even though you probably have the picture in your albums, post it here! You can either add an image to your comment by clicking on the camera icon, or you can attach a file, either way we would like to see your stockman.

one rule though.... it has to be a stockman!!!

Tags: fame, hall, of, pictures, stockman

Views: 15273

Replies to This Discussion

Wow, that's the Katz' meow ! I have a soft spot for the Japanese surgical stainless! I heavily used the 1970's Parker-Frost stockman. They were my summertime knives, and I used my old Case XX and Camillus carbon steel stockman in the winter. Here is my newest stockman , traded included a muskrat of the same # 93 pattern. This is a mastodon bark ivory stockman with three blades, of course. It is marked as a prototype. I not a big fan of the muskrat pattern, although similar and decided to place it on the 'bay today. 

Attachments:

Here's the muskrat , now I should like these, right? They are basicly a stock type pattern with no pen or sheepfoot blade, but with two master blades. I have carried them , but found them limited to filet fish and skinning critters. A sheepfoot , pen and coping expands the uses of a typical stock knife, but with a little more bulk and width. This one is a prototype and like the #93 stockman a display case prisoner , which will never see a blue jean pocket!

Now, that's a nice knife.

HI, Rome!  I've looked around for a Chicago Cutlery stockman like yours and, tho I've found some, they're not like yours.  The impression that I get is that they don't take the pocketknife market very seriously.  I wonder how that works with them?  Perhaps the only pocketknives they produce are short runs for special occasions.  Oh, well, there's always Henckels ...

Rome D. Rushing said:

Here is one you don't see everyday. Its a 4" stockman with walnut handles made by Chicago Cutlery.

Mastodon bark ivory?  I've never seen anything like it.  It makes for a VERY impressive knife.  Lots of stuff to look at & feel in that material.  I do agree about the muskrat -- altho the "modified" pattern is more interesting.  It only works for me when it has two different blades and they're chunky, like a railsplitter.  I'm sure that pattern has a name, but it doesn't come to me.  Is that a "moose" or is that with two of the same blade?  Levine says "Texas Jack".  Thanx for sharing.

Rick Hooper said:

Wow, that's the Katz' meow ! I have a soft spot for the Japanese surgical stainless! I heavily used the 1970's Parker-Frost stockman. They were my summertime knives, and I used my old Case XX and Camillus carbon steel stockman in the winter. Here is my newest stockman , traded included a muskrat of the same # 93 pattern. This is a mastodon bark ivory stockman with three blades, of course. It is marked as a prototype. I not a big fan of the muskrat pattern, although similar and decided to place it on the 'bay today. 

Three pretty Fight'n Rooster stockmen:

Super pretty Donald - very nice knives.

They sure are very nice and love the color in those knives!

Donald Lee Hargrove said:

Three pretty Fight'n Rooster stockmen:

Donald, as far as i know they have quit making pocket knives. I found this one at a local plant nursery.

They still had a few different models in stock, I don't think it sold real well.

Donald Lee Hargrove said:

HI, Rome!  I've looked around for a Chicago Cutlery stockman like yours and, tho I've found some, they're not like yours.  The impression that I get is that they don't take the pocketknife market very seriously.  I wonder how that works with them?  Perhaps the only pocketknives they produce are short runs for special occasions.  Oh, well, there's always Henckels ...

Rome D. Rushing said:

Here is one you don't see everyday. Its a 4" stockman with walnut handles made by Chicago Cutlery.

Nice looking Fight'n Roosters!

Well how about a Tiny stockman? Not sure we have had one yet! Black Pearl too!

Rough Rider "Don't Tread On Me" stockman RR1390

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service