Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Show them off here.

Views: 8248

Replies to This Discussion

Oh yes, it is a great addition to any collection. If they all had to be perfect, there would be no collections. I want it. LOL

Tobias Gibson said:

Clay, you make some good points but despite the flaws on the knife it is still pretty nice looking and quite sharp.  I think the average Girl Scout would be very happy to have one of these knives.  It was worth the $14.

Robert, thanks for the compliment but you know what they say, "If you enjoy what you're doing, then it ain't work!"

Super Girl Scout Knives - I agree with Tobias, any Girl Scout would be happy to have one.

Smiling Knife, that old Sheffield is in super condition, a really fine looking vintage knife, what a prize to own.

Colonial Mini Hobo / Camper $4 find

Brad, I've always felt this is the definitive Hobo!  It is  inexpensive and has the tools you need!

I read your comment again. I think even the "above" average Girl Scout would love this knife. LOL  Just kidding around with ya.

Clay Strong said:

Oh yes, it is a great addition to any collection. If they all had to be perfect, there would be no collections. I want it. LOL

Tobias Gibson said:

Clay, you make some good points but despite the flaws on the knife it is still pretty nice looking and quite sharp.  I think the average Girl Scout would be very happy to have one of these knives.  It was worth the $14.

Robert, thanks for the compliment but you know what they say, "If you enjoy what you're doing, then it ain't work!"

I just received one of these Hobos. The quality is much better than i expected. The one that Ken Spielvogel posted above has nicer bolsters in that the decorative grooves are more pronounced and pressed better. I think his spoon is a little larger too. I'll clean, sharpen, and oil 'er up and add it to my emergency backpack.. This hobo, my Bushcraft knife, my Leatherman, and my best Swiss Army knife should be enough to meet my needs while I rebuild my jeep with them in the jungle. LOL

Clay Strong said:

This is an older Japanese model that is a combination Scout, Hobo, and muti-blade. Which features is definitely required to be included in a Scout, and which is required in a Hobo?

Thanks for the kind comments Ken. I'm glad you like it. I have a similar pattern with fewer attachments.

Ken Spielvogel said:

Smiling Knife, that old Sheffield is in super condition, a really fine looking vintage knife, what a prize to own.

Case Junior Scout in Amber Jigged Bone. This particular one dates from 2009, according to the tang stamp.

At 3 3/8 inches long  (85mm) it is the same length as the Official Cub Scout Knife and my Crosman Camp knife.  However it has a some what slim build.  The can opener and cap lifter are small in comparison to other camp knives making them less usefull.  The bail is bent wire instead of pinned shackle. Still they are will made and look absolutely great.  I guess it is for the "dainty" outdoor use. This is one of three that I currently own.  I'll get around to showing the others later.

Looks like a good little knife Toby. It would certainly come in handy.

I think this one relates to the Girl Guides. Do you have Guides in the US as well as the Girl Scouts? I may be wrong about that. Anyway....

Beautiful knife Tobias.

Smiling Knife-no such thing as Girl Guides in the US - at least not to my knowledge. Are they like the Girl Scouts?

Hi Ken. Yes. Must be primarily a British Commonwealth organisation. Just looked it up. Founded in the UK by Baden Powell in 1910 and originally run by his younger sister Agnes.

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service