Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

All who love Puma knives are welcome!

This brand is almost 350 years old. Share your photos and stories of Puma Knives!

Tags: Puma, and, discussions, forum

Views: 8374

Replies to This Discussion

GDay all

I've got some Pumas, and I'll post some here as time permits, for those interested, I have a few

For the records, though,  Puma Werk Solingen has been around since 1769, so that's 252 years, not 350, but even so that's a long time.

Here's a pair of the most common versions of the White Hunter (The best known Puma Knife)

Model 6377 (Carbon Steel) 1972 and Model 6375 (Stainless) 1983

Attachments:

Another White Hunter, Model 6399, 1969. Not so common and long discontinued, but there are quite a few around

Attachments:

Here's an oddity. White Hunter 6375, 1983, but with wood scales. Most unusual as all catalogues only show the model as Stag Scales. Not surprising, though. Despite the quality of manufacture Puma Werk has and does put out the odd exceptions from time to time

Attachments:

Looks like I did something wrong as the Images didn't appear to load

Try again. 6375, 1983 and 6377, 1972

Vinnie said:

Another White Hunter, Model 6399, 1969. Not so common and long discontinued, but there are quite a few around

Vinnie said:

Here's an oddity. White Hunter 6375, 1983, but with wood scales. Most unusual as all catalogues only show the model as Stag Scales. Not surprising, though. Despite the quality of manufacture Puma Werk has and does put out the odd exceptions from time to time

Sea Hunter, Model 6363, 1979

Puma Tunny model 6366, 1st Quarter 1977.

Nothing special about the knife but this one is from the first production of the model and as such shipped with the two securing strap leather sheath. Not many of this sheath around. Some other early Tunny's shipped with a single securing strap leather sheath (a bit more common) but almost all Tunny's by the end of 1977 shipped with the more sensible vinyl sheath, as do all subsequent versions

A pair of Waagemessers

Model 501, pre 1964, (Imperial version) and model 04-0501, 1984 (Metric Version)

Really nice examples of the Puma Craftsmen's skills

"The Holy Grail"

Every collector of almost anything has their personal "Holy Grail". That one item or maybe a pair to make up a collection, but that item is so rare that either it just can't be found, or if it ever appears then its so far out of one's price range that it just can't be had.

After many years I found mine.

Puma Trapper's Companions, Model 6385, 1968  (Right Hand Version) and model 6386, 1970 (Left Hand Version)

Many thanks to the family of the late Charley Young  for the Left Hand version. The knife could do with a good clean, but out of respect it stays in my collection exactly as it was last time he used it.

Waidmesser, model 3597, 1990

This one has corkscrew, bone saw and gut blade. Other variations had Phillips screwdriver, awl and small blade and various combinations of the six

Note the two piece sheath, can be carried either on the belt or in the traditional Lederhosen pocket

Awesome!  I've had that "Original Bowie" clip point for years now but never used it.  On mine, the handle scales are not even with the tang, & the balance is weirdly blade-heavy.  But still I just really like it!

Jan Carter said:

Reply by Carl Newton on October 28, 2011 at 10:43

Three Puma classics

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by