Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

One of the things that I notice missing is photos and discussions on the older Queens.

I thought maybe I could start a discussion on them and show a few pictures of some of

the Queens that I have collected over the years.

But First I will explain why I decided to collect Queen.

My parents were brought up in the Tylertown, Mississippi area and moved to Vicksburg in the

mid 50's.  Because family and friends still resided in Tylertown we would occasionally go for a short

visit.

One day before we left Tylertown to head home my father said he had to stop at the hardware

store for something.  When re returned to the car my mother asked him what he had gotten and he

pulled out a brand new Queen Steel #9A stockman.  When I saw that knife I thought that the

yellow/amber handles  were the prettiest thing I had ever seen.  I asked to look at it and was rewared

by them letting me  hold the closed knife in my hands for just a minute with the cautionary warning "be

careful".

After that time I was a Queen fan, even though I wasn't but about 5 years old it didn't matter, I was

hooked for life.  Over the years when my father stopped for his knife they didn't always have the #9A

in stock and he would have to settle for just the standard #9 with the fake winterbottom bone

handles, but he always bought Queen.  The reason he had to wait and buy one in Tylertown was that

Vicksburghad no Queen dealer, in later years this changed.

So for the first of the Queens of the Past is a #9a

Views: 1840

Replies to This Discussion

A couple of years back my wife gave me a very special christmas gift.  She started watching Ebay and whenever she saw an old Queen or group of old Queens come up she bid on them.  She claims whe was real careful not to get carried away spending alot on them.  Anyway she ended up with quite an assortment of knives, some worn out, some new, some abused and some just used.  Anyway she then took an old Mayo jar and filled it with all of them and gave it to me.  It was quite the suprise and kept me busy for days.  Below is a couple of the really used ones.

What a neat thing to do. Bet you were surprised.

Very nice

Here are a few that my grandfather gave me.

Very nice Carl

Wow, What great looking Queen's. I enjoyed looking at them all.

This is a very old Queen that seemingly is still in great shape and continues to work daily.

LOL Data, bet she has some great cutlery also

Carl,

Some sweet and wonderful knives there!

Rome,

What a cool thing to do and a great way to present them!

Long live the Queen

Carl,  those are some real treasures!  Neat!!

Carl

Those are some great Queens and you are so lucky to have had them

engraved just for you.

I have a set of the trappers in the Master Cutlers Collection and

I have a lockback of that model but not as nice.

And mine don't have the special memories that yours hold.

Rome

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service