Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

We've got Steel Warrior/Frost  and now Taylor S&W.  What about all of those unknown brands and  Unbranded knives out there.  Many say China Stainless,  or just Stainless,  Rostfrei, Inox, or nothing at all.   Or maybe you have a knife with a brand name you're not sure of and would like to know who actually owns the TM and is the brand worth the money (Rite Edge, Fury, Maxam, etc.)  We all got 'em, lets see some of them and hear what you think about them.

Views: 7791

Replies to This Discussion

Would this Fury be the same company?

Tobias Gibson said:

Someone asked me about this knife probably about 6-9 months ago.  I think I started the conversation here.  I really didn't have much info on it as someone had given it to me.  It is has been a reliable beater knife for about a year now. If you're looking for a junk drawer special, or a rope knife for the boat that you don't have to worry about falling overboard; this knife might fit the bill.  I've been very happy with it. It is called "The Claw" and is  made by Fury (Joy Enterprises)  Current models feature a fully serrated blade.

Fury The Claw 4" Serrated Blade, Folding Pocket Knife with Rubber Inlay Handle

Thumbstud for Easy Opening

Ideal for the Handyman or Handylady420 Stainless Steel Blade

Pocket Clip and Easy Grip Rubberized Handle

UPC 766359444017

What a SCREAM! Charles.  I've recently acquired a beat up version of the same knife Except this one was made in South Korea!   Yeah, if it says Fury, it is the same Fury.  And some of their knives are actually pretty decent, especially for the price.

This Korean version came in a box full of junk Knives that was found that was recently given to me. It has seen better days.  Someone tried to sharpen it with a grinder!  I'm thinking of popping the blade out and using the handle for a fantasy fixed blade.

And now I see it as I'm trolling eBay:  Bid #  221210861712   Scary!

Here is one with wolves on it.  It was a CHRISTmas present.

Billy Oneale said:

Tom, my grand daughter is crazy about knives with wolves on them.

tom white said:

great lookin knives love the deer creek with 5 blades thank means 5 bandade lol,like the animals on those knives,if you ever see one with a hawk please let me know,thanks for showing the showing............tom  

And then there is American Mint

Jan Carter said:

Lets not forget the franklin mints

I wonder if these two knives are made by the same company?

Fighter Plus was a TM of a Rex Distributor, Inc. DBA Rex International,  Bascially a Global Wholesaler.  These are companies that come up with a trademark, slap in on no-name prodcuts and release it as "Brand Name" because we all know brand names are great!

I picked up both of these knives in my early days of collecting before I had any particular direction to it.  If I saw something that caught my eye and it didn't cost much, I would buy it.  Although both of them seem to be decent knives for being cheap.  I actually carried the Fighter for several days while my Case Mini Blackhorn was lost.  But only until I found the Case!  I have never used it but the Fighter Plus feels good in the hand.  I especially like the laminated wood handles. 

Tobias Gibson said:

Fighter Plus was a TM of a Rex Distributor, Inc. DBA Rex International,  Bascially a Global Wholesaler.  These are companies that come up with a trademark, slap in on no-name prodcuts and release it as "Brand Name" because we all know brand names are great!

Don't take me wrong, Charles.  I bet over half of the knives I own have absolutely no value for even the semi-serious collector but they are 1) well made knives, 2) look good, 3) have blade steel as good or sometimes even better than some of major name brands.

On more than one occasion I've bet utterly amazed at how good a supposed piece of "Chinese Junk" turned out to be as well as totally underwhelmed by a Quality made American knife. I have knives by Maxam, Fury, and Rite Edge that I would put up side by side with Buck, Gerber, or Kershaw and my money would be on the Cheap Chinese Crap doing a better job at the end of the day. Plus I wouldn't care that the blade finish got damaged or the handle got stained!

Good looking everyday users that don't cost an arm and leg.  And my bet is because all of them are getting beat to heck, ones in excellent shape might be worth more than people thought 20-30 years down the road.  Heck if an Imperial Kamp King in decent shape is commanding $20 and getting it, then anything is possible!

I agree with you, Tobias.  I have quite a few cheap knives and some of them are pretty good knives.  I have this little Frost Cutlery fixed blade that I paid $1 for.  And it seems to be a good little knife.  I am even considering trying to see if I can have the handles replaced with deer antler from one of the bucks I have killed.  If it doesn't cost too much, I will probably do it.

Is it a badge of experience when one can review this thread and say "Oh, I've seen that one before", or "I used to have one of those!" ?

I was looking for a good spot to highlight some No-name brands (knock-offs?) I have, and I think this is as good of a place as any.

Here are two SAK wanna-be's...the first one from Quasar, the second is not branded. 

I'm not sure what this one is - 

Update: Since I first posted these, I have learned that the one I referred to as the Quasar is actually an early '80's Diamond brand Superior Multi Purpose Knife - Art No K5011. The Quasar is one of several icons used on their knives, and like so many before me, I apparently misidentified it based on the icon (not logo). 

Although I cannot seem to find too much on Diamond knives, there are a few of these still around with their original boxes,  and loads of info can be gleaned from great photos!

Lars Ray said:

Is it a badge of experience when one can review this thread and say "Oh, I've seen that one before", or "I used to have one of those!" ?

I was looking for a good spot to highlight some No-name brands (knock-offs?) I have, and I think this is as good of a place as any.

Here are two SAK wanna-be's...the first one from Quasar, the second is not branded. 

I'm not sure what this one is - 

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service