Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I am going to Scotland on holiday soon and will be staying close ,though not in, this castle .

Just thought if any of you good folks have Scottish blood you may be interested in the pic. 

Anyone know which castle it is ??

Views: 626

Replies to This Discussion

Howard P Reynolds said:

Hat off to you, John.  Would love to visit Scotland again.  I found both Ireland and Scotland to be "idyllic", though living there might take the shine off such beautiful countryside (gasoline/petrol prices, etc.), and heating a stone castle would take winning the Irish Sweepstakes.

Petrol prices are horrific all over the UK Howard, all tax of course. When you get your castle you will have some "commoners" to look after the menial jobs like cutting firewood !

Ken Spielvogel said:

We will sure look forward to hearing about your trip and seeing some pics when you get back. Be safe.

It's still two months away yet Ken, I don't like to go to Scotland until the midges have gone back to bed !

I put this pic on because I was looking at the house we have booked on Google Earth and got rather excited . If you have Google Earth on your PC then you can see it by putting in ,  Calluna, Dornie, Highlands,     Then drag and drop the little man by the road .

I am 3/4 Cajun and 1/4 Scottish. I am a descendant of Robert the Bruce. My last name is Scottish, Burris. 

Please, keep us posted about your trip.
Robert Burris said:

I am 3/4 Cajun and 1/4 Scottish. I am a descendant of Robert the Bruce. My last name is Scottish, Burris. 

Robert Burris said:

Please, keep us posted about your trip.
Robert Burris said:

I am 3/4 Cajun and 1/4 Scottish. I am a descendant of Robert the Bruce. My last name is

Scottish, Burris. 

Robert you are the only Cajun that I know,  and I feel that it is a joy to know a man with such grand ancestors .

They did my family tree a while back and it shows Robert the Bruce. I was amazed, he really did a lot for Scotland.

Robert Burris said:

They did my family tree a while back and it shows Robert the Bruce. I was amazed, he really did a lot for Scotland.

Scotland is voting on independence from the UK in September Robert,  you may be invited back if they go for it, Robert Burris the Second   it's got quite a ring to it !!

John Bamford said:

My full name is; Robert Edward Burris II.

Robert Burris said:

Scotland is voting on independence from the UK in September Robert,  you may be invited back if they go for it, Robert Burris the Second   it's got quite a ring to it !!

You will get the job then Robert, nothing surer !

I hope they do what's best for everyone over there. Independence sounds good but I don't have all the facts. When are you going to Scotland? What made you decide to go there?

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service