Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I admit it.  I have an ulterior motive.  I'm looking for a good machete for cutting through 7 foot tall swamp grass. (the stuff often called razor grass)  My Woodman's Pal is great for heavy branches and bramble  but the short blade and heavy construction will tire you out on grasses. So lets see some big weed-whackers!

Views: 2392

Replies to This Discussion

These Old Hickory knives are  all well made and sturdy.  There simple utilitarian knives.  Obviously, they are not made to collect and there are millions of them out there but they are good solid knives that get the job done.

I do plan on buying a couple more in the near future for re-handling but i also plan on buying more just to use!  Excellent flat grind  1095  carbon steel even is the blade is 1/8 thick stock.

If I ever get down to SMKW, I am going to look into a Saigon Sidekick (I just like the name). I still have a new Machete from Colombia when I was there. I bought 2 and laid them in my suitcase crossways - the security called me down to open my suitcase and inspect. This was in the 80's. They let them go. No danger. I have used the one and it never wears out.

RSS

White River Knives

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service