Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Arguably, the easiest & most frequently used method for dating cutlery.

Do you have a unique/rare stamping ??

Care to share a pic & a bit of history ??

Just as important ... a stamping that's just a little (or, a lot) suspect.

Views: 10160

Replies to This Discussion

Ok all in a manner reminiscent of Mr. David Anthony, teaching to read the knife, who (other than who I spoke with) can identify this stamp, look real hard it is there.

I can make out "LITTLE VALLEY" over "VAN KAMP" .......... maybe / sorta / kinda.

gary kifer said:

Ok all in a manner reminiscent of Mr. David Anthony, teaching to read the knife, who (other than who I spoke with) can identify this stamp, look real hard it is there.

little valley is correct, van camp is not, but a good guess, for most people this will take some digging thru reference books to find this stamp, you have to reference what stamps were used and piece together what you see. I have spoken with my go to guy, the one person who I know for sure knows more than I on these old stamps, and we are in agreement as to what it is. remember these old etch stamps are hard to photograph. it definitely takes some detective work, look at what you know you see and fill in the blanks with what you think you see or think should be there and then dig thru the books to see if what you think you see/think is correct. Ask your self this who all used little valley stamps to narrow down the maker then look thru the old stamps and see what falls into place. F.Y.I. this is a straight razor.

Is there a "Case Bros" above the "Little Valley" ???

Yes, WOW you guys are good,  here's a bigger hint . . .

Case Bros ??? ???

Little Valley ???

??? ??? ???

remember add up what you do see with what matches in the guides, its detective work, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.

Voos USA
Attachments:

So if I read it correctly can I pat myself on the back?   HA HA, Nice old razor and the folks Van Kamp will appreciate the answer.

i have never seen this actual stamp but ihave seen on cose so im gonna play with it a little bit.

the stamp i am messing with was mosty found on razors. and did include both KANE and LITTLE VALLEY

i am filling in some blanks becuase i am working also from another stamp that i can only work so far about 60% of.

ANYWAY..the stamp..

it looks like even next to CASE BROS something and in other spots.. some things are missing. my eyes are making me think i even see one of those symbols like this---%---  or a small t inbetween the bottom words..  it doesnt look like that..lol..im no artist..but thats the idea.i dunno.

so im saying something like CASE BROS. CUT. CO. {over} LITTLE VALLEY,NY {over}KANE ,PA  or something with KANE... one last thing maybe the jobbers name??.. thanx for this i await the answer.. if it is just a razoer stamp .let me know and ill give it another go!!

its a tough one and i gave it my best shot.  and i dont have any other variation of the little valley stamp

but im not using my RAZOR reference either... if this was only used on razors then im out of luck.

if im not totally wrong i think i filled in some of the blanks.

DAVE!!! ITS GOOD TO SEE YA! 

ALSO I DIDNTSEE HOW LONG THIS WAS RUNNING.THIS NERD WOLD LOVE A LITTLE MORE TIME IF SOE OF THE BLANKS GOT FILLED IN!

can we get a pic with light at a different angle...LOL!

If you can message me a closeup of the stamp. I own only one VOOS knife and the only thing I think it says is VOOS... nice and big... and in cursive. its one of hose odd knives that just turned up. I think its an MOP, a little finger cleaning knife.

Paul Krings said:

Voos USA

Paul Krings said:

Voos USA

This has the word VOOS with an arrow through it!
Paul Krings said:

Voos USA

I don't know how unique it is (not very) but i am on a mission to collect a few! 

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service