Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I know a lot of ya'll have that special hunting knife that you use more than all the rest. It may be an old one, or one handed down from family members. Maybe it's a custom, made to your specs. Well, what ever it is, I know ya'll have one and I'd love to see them. I think, a lot of our members would too. If you have one to hunt deer and another to hunt birds, that's fine, let's see them all. Please.

Views: 417

Replies to This Discussion

Thank your Robert.  All three of them are good knives.   Even though it is not an expensive knife, even the Rough Rider is a good knife.

I will probably eventually use the custom knife.  But just not yet.  For now I just enjoy looking at it on its stand and remembering the hunt when I killed the deer whose antlers are the scales.  And I enjoy looking at the pictures I got of the deer for two years before I killed it.

The custom is a very fine knife.  I don't know how the maker sharpened it but it is extremely sharp.  It will slice through a sheet of paper just as smooth and easy as can be.  It will shave the hair off your arm.  And being tool steel I am sure it will hold an edge whenever I do start using it.

I hope to pass it down to my grandson some day and have him proud to say it was his grandfather's.

My Treeman knife is made out of O1 tool steel and really takes a great edge. It stays sharp just as long as some of the newer super steels. It is also so easy to sharpen. There are a lot of custom makers that use this steel. It helps make a custom worth the price. I own a Randall and it's made of O1 tool steel. It's in my collection, I don't use it. If you start using your custom you will really enjoy it.

I was just thinking, that I will be using my White River filet knife this year to debone some deer meat. It is a great filet knife and holds up to their claims on how great a filet knife it is. It stays razor sharp a long time. I also fine it easy to sharpen on my India oil stone. I plan on making more ground meat this year because than grand kids really love it.

Any of you guys or gals have a favorite deboning knife? I sure would like to hear about it.

Wow, I really like that knife.

If you don't really have a favorite hunting knife, what would be your favorite if you were going to buy one?

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service