Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Lets start this off simple and then narrow the field shall we?

Tags: Christmas, I, for, poll, want, what

Views: 889

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Robert I cannot wait to see this one!  Christmas morning is going to be wonderful!

Robert Burris said:

My Christmas knife package has arrived. I'll open it up for Christmas. I have decided not to use it. It's too old and in mint condition. The Green River spirit has spoken to me....lol

That's nothing!  I've been waiting since November 25 for a knife to arrive!

Dang, that's a long wait for a knifer!

Have a great Holiday season! My wish Christmas for is a mint Master Cutler Queen set. I owned one in the eighty's and found another, for the family to purchase. Merry Christmas! Will post the pics soon.

Well I got my nother Geppetto yesterday, do I'm still hoping for a Seahorse.

Sorry to hear about the arm, Ivars!  Hope it heels quickly.   I hope that Mountain Man comes in at a good price and you get one!

And here is the Queen master cutlery set, I got for Christmas. I actually used the mini trapper back in the eighty's!  These will be display only, this time around.

Very very nice Rick!

Thank you, Perry! I think my local wood carver friend of mine, is the only local , who appreciates the Queen Brand! 

Yes, you can't beat them old winter bottom scales! I love 'em 

Bryan Rowell said:

So I found a new want for Christmas....I have no clue what I would do with it, but it looks AWESOME!!

http://www2.knifecenter.com/item/MT1051/microtech-105-1-jagdkommand... 

So I have been fascinated by the looks of the Jagdkommando although it is completely worthless for nearly every knife related job I can think of.  I've had an active search on flea bay for months and finally saw a seller with a MUCH lower price so I jumped on it.  Just got it today and while it has the Microtech logo, date code and SN I have my doubts of it's authenticity.  The finish doesn't seem quite up Microtech standards (VERY high) and I'm not sure if the construction is correct but I have nothing to compare it to except pictures. 

This "knife" comes with a metallic sheath.  The knife screws into the sheath and has an o-ring seal.  However, the other end of the sheath screws off and there is no o-ring seal there.  The knife also has a hollow handle and the butt end screws off and has an o-ring seal.  However, the main barrel of the handle also unscrews from the blade and again it has no o-ring seal.  This unexpected screw thread seems like a serious design flaw as it could unscrew leaving the blade in the sheath and not much to hold onto to get it out.  Seems very un-Microtech like.  Just curious if anyone else has bought one and if it indeed should come apart into 5 pieces not counting the belt loop.

Try calling Microtech?  I have heard their customer service leaves a little to be desired but I know for a fact, quality, fit and finish are all high priority for them.  I am thinking it may not be authentic either but I would sure be interested to find out

Reply to Discussion

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

J.J. Smith III left a comment for Rich Randolph
19 hours ago
Rich Randolph is now a member of iKnife Collector
19 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a discussion
21 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted photos
21 hours ago

KnifeMaker
Alexander Åhl posted a status
"Thank you for the warm welcome. Looks like the perfect place for me!"
21 hours ago
Lars Ray replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday
Kevin D replied to dead_left_knife_guy's discussion Is Knives Illustrated Magazine Dead?
Saturday

Featured
dead_left_knife_guy posted a discussion
Apr 13
Lars Ray commented on Gary Richard's blog post Clip Knife Pocket Damage Issue Resolved
Apr 12
John left a comment for Jan Carter
Apr 12
John left a comment for dead_left_knife_guy
Apr 12
Jan Carter posted an event

2024 Solvang Custom Knife Show at Hotel Corque

April 26, 2024 to April 27, 2024
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for Wally Guittard
Apr 12
Jan Carter left a comment for John