Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

Are there any other Tony Bose fans out there?

Picked up a new in box Arkansas Hunter today at Lehman's Hardware in Kidron, Ohio. There were 2 displayed at $339.00 each. Eva, the Case expert at Lehman's gave me a 30% discount bringing the price down to $237.30 + tax; I snatched up the Chestnut Bone immediately. Eva is holding the Ebony version until I save up the cash (I limit my Case knife addiction). I will definitely return for the Ebony variant next month.

I have a fondness for Tony Bose knives, good deals, and Eva.

I was actually looking for the new BackPocket Silver Script Goldenrod Bone (10131) to continue my collecting the BackPocket/Lanyard TBs.

Views: 6274

Replies to This Discussion

I received some more Photos from Tony today.  Some really great stuff.  This one is just a fantastic Barlow.  I dont know about ya'll but a Barlow is just one of the most beautiful patterns made (for me).  It Is such a simple and user friendly knife.  

This knife is made with Don Hansons forged W2 steel. Don is a friend of mine and a Master Smith. He buys the stuff in 2 1/2" rods and beats it down to usable thickness with a power hammer. Carbon steel that will get scary sharp.

photo credits to Kerry Hampton (and a very good photo job it is)

Ok here it is waiting for me when I got home from work today. Now I have to decide if it is just to nice to carry or not.

Deep canyon chestnut bone back pocket.

Got to add just one more.

WOW!!!

Lee that is one very nice knife.  That bone is drop dead gorgeous!! 

One of these days I hope to own one of his customs. The quality of the case ones are great but its just not the same, I guess that will have to wait till I hit the lotto. lol

Incredibly nice Lee, that knife is just fantastic. You might carry that one!

Jan, those pics of Tonys Barlow are just too awesome! Sure nice of him to share some pics with us (You)! Thanks!! I do like them Barlows!

Lee, WOW, what great color on that beauty! On how to decide to carry it or not, go outside on the concrete and toss it about five feet in the air, if you catch it you can't carry it, if you don't catch it, it has a ding in it and now put it in your pocket the NEWNESS is alrady gone! LOL

Max, ROFL!!  Do you do this with all your knives.   I have never heard this. 

The knife is so sweet

No never have done it! But I have debated with myself wether to carry or not certain knives. Lifes too short not to carry a nice knife. a friend on another site always says! So... sometimes you have to give them an excuse. I have a friend that carries an old Case XX and thought that was a bad thing because it was mint but....I understand now!

I carry and switch off between a few but mostly carry a Case Hammerhead Prime Stag that trades off time with a Burnt Stag Copperlock with fluted and pinched bolsters, and I also carry a Stag Toothpick with Pinched Bolsters #13 of 50 Northfield UN-X-LD. I also carry an old Slimline trapper 1972.

That is fantastic!!! I've had my eye on one of those too, besides a Swayback in Deep Canyon. I love the Deep Canyon! I have EDC OCD - http://www.iknifecollector.com/forum/topics/edc-ocd - So, whatever I get to carry I have to get a second "for the collection"!

Lee Smith said:

Ok here it is waiting for me when I got home from work today. Now I have to decide if it is just to nice to carry or not.

Deep canyon chestnut bone back pocket.

LMAO!!!  Max this is the most unique way I have ever heard to make that decision but it would work!!

Max McGruder said:

Jan, those pics of Tonys Barlow are just too awesome! Sure nice of him to share some pics with us (You)! Thanks!! I do like them Barlows!

Lee, WOW, what great color on that beauty! On how to decide to carry it or not, go outside on the concrete and toss it about five feet in the air, if you catch it you can't carry it, if you don't catch it, it has a ding in it and now put it in your pocket the NEWNESS is alrady gone! LOL

We talk about how we would never use a TB but I have to tell you, this is one I WOULD use.  A Tony Bose kitchen knife!  I would not be able to resist this and it is a fair bet that if I throw it up in the air (MAX) I would not be able to catch it LOL.  So it would be a user.  Now all I have to do is find me one

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service