Welcome Home...THANK YOU FOR BEING A PART OF OUR COMMUNITY

I grew up carrying traditional knives and though I now carry a Tac folder, (Benchmade Grip., Emerson Mini Com., or CRKT M1 usually) and a Leatherman Juice CS4, I feel like I should also carry a trad folder.  Currently I am carrying a Case Mid Folding Hunter in Gray Bone, which I love.  I switch it out with  other various Case and other brand trad folders as well.  I do it partly because I want to be able to take something out in public that won't scare people, nor make them think I am as much of a knife nut as I really am, but also because I just can't seem to break myself of the notion that a man ought to have a traditional pocket knife with a bone (or other natural material) handle on it.  Am I alone here or does anyone else feel the same way?

Tags: EDC, Folders, Traditional

Views: 2072

Replies to This Discussion

I mix it up a lot but my current daily driver does not like pocket clips and I don't want to screw up the leather interior!  So I've been carrying a Schatt and Morgan slim trapper with buffalo horn scales.  It's a great knife, even though the blades are pretty good sized and closed it's about 4", it disappears in my pocket, I never know it's there.

There was a period when I thought I needed a tactical folder, but they really don't cut any better than a traditional folder.  Once you've flicked the blade open a couple of thousand times, you realize a traditional folder does the daily stuff that you need a knife for just fine.

Right now I have lucky 13 knives on me. Some food related and others for other tasks. I know, I know I'm a fool, but different blades for different uses......

RSS

White River Knives

Latest Activity

Visit Lee' s Cutlery

KNIFE AUCTIONS

KNIFE MAGAZINE!!!

tsaknives.com

JSR Sports!

Click to visit

© 2024   Created by Jan Carter.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service